Buyer Beware Of Whitworth Arms LLC/doublegunhq

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Today I enquired about a Kimber Caprivi in 458 Lott with a seller on Gunsinternational.com. They go by the name of doublegunhq with the company name Whitworth Arms LLC.
They have had this rifle listed for quite a long time in "As New Condition". And they are asking retail price for it.
So I simply asked them the question " is this rifle still in "as new condition" with no flaws? Perfectly like new? And this is the response I was given.
I can't imagine a busines owner responding to a question in this manner....
So if you see anything they are offering for sale, I'd be very leery to do business with them.

Screenshot_20210121-220401_Email.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I enquired about a Kimber Caprivi in 458 Lott with a seller on Gunsinternational.com. They go by the name of doublegunhq with the company name Whitworth Arms LLC.
They have had this rifle listed for quite a long time in "As New Condition". And they are asking retail price for it.
So I simply asked them the question " is this rifle still in "as new condition" with no flaws? Perfectly like new? And this is the response I was given.
So if you see anything they are offering for sale, I'd be very leery to do business with them.
That might have been an honest answer. People do weird stuff.

Thats odd, I have asked them about goods and services over the years and never got an answer like that one! Maybe having a bad hair day.

Thats odd, I have asked them about goods and services over the years and never got an answer like that one! Maybe having a bad hair day.
Maybe the email went through to the wrong person? Who knows? I actually thought the answer was quite funny, but I still couldn't do business with such an asshole if that's how he talks to his potential customers. Oh well. It's not like I need another rifle anyway!

The R8 purchase has already been fulfilled grasshopper! Now it's time to move on to other items of interest! Haha!
I thought I was bad! You put me to shame bro!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 385273
Toby, did you look at the photos of that rifle, it is new old stock. $2975 I believe. Unless you have looked into it in detail, you need to look again. Looks same as new to me.

Come on Toby, its hilarious! "Is it new, new new, or new new new?" He could have just said something boring like "yes".

So get back to him and say, " ok, in that case Ill take it for 10% discount, and we share a beer"

Toby, did you look at the photos of that rifle, it is new old stock. $2975 I believe. Unless you have looked into it in detail, you need to look again. Looks same as new to me.
The reason I asked was, I purchased a Kimber exactly like this in the past that was marked "as new" and the pictures looked great. But when I received the rifle, it had a cracked forearm and the action looked like it had been cycled 500 times, with a bunch of the bluing worn off the feed rails. So, If I'm going to pay new prices, I want a new rifle! These rifles routinely sold for around $2750 the last time Kimber made a run of 458s, so he's not exactly cheap on it. Oh well. I don't really need it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg