Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
Andrew-Tilker.jpg

Andrew Tilker is used to traveling for work. He’s the Asian Species Officer at Global Wildlife Conservation (GWC), a Texas-based organization focused on protecting and recovering endangered wildlife and habitats through science-based field action.

“I oversee conservation projects in Southeast Asia, focusing mostly on Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia,” Tilker said. “Usually this position requires extensive travel to Asia, although for the past few months it has not been possible.”

Tilker is an American citizen based full-time in Berlin, Germany. In July, he was asked to attend a work meeting near Lyon, France.

“Of course, given the COVID-19 situation, I wanted to get more background information on travel risks before making a final decision,” Tilker said.

GWC has been a Global Rescue member since 2016 and its staff members are able to access Global Rescue’s travel protection services from trip advisory to medical evacuation. A membership is a great way for enterprises of all sizes to ensure the safety and well-being of employees.

For Tilker, getting the data he needed was as easy as one email.

“I was looking for information on COVID-19 cases in France. I was surprised at how quickly I got a reply — within the hour,” he said.

Global Rescue’s operations team reviewed medical, security and intelligence data regarding the COVID-19 pandemic in France. This included public health information regarding U.S., French and EU guidance for travel to the region, as well as forecasted behavior of the COVID-19 pandemic for the region and available health infrastructure. Global Rescue personnel summarized the current and forecasted risks of travel for Tilker’s review.

It was exactly the kind of information Tilker was looking for.

“The information I received helped me make a more informed decision regarding whether to take the trip or not,” he said. “I have decided to go.”

Tilker plans to use his Global Rescue membership when he is back to traveling to Southeast Asia, saving the tropical forests and its multitude of threatened species, including the antelope-like Saola (the Asian “unicorn”) discovered in 1992.

“It is nice to have such a professional and quick-to-respond organization behind me,” Tilker said. “In the future, I will rely on Global Rescue more often, especially when I travel to remote areas in Southeast Asia. Global Rescue is an excellent resource, worth investing in.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daneski43

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber