Bushbuck Pictures

Gracias Jose

A couple from Mozabique.

Stef Bushbuck.JPG
D bushbuck.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice bushbuck.

Nice bucks, the lady s is really outstanding !

Cape bushbuck from 2013. I will never go to Africa without going after bushbuck and kudu.

image-1.jpg

Warbird could not agree more....I like these buggers as well,... IMO a true challenge on foot....

Nothing quite like hunting Bushbuck these were both taken in the Waterberg

My best always

image-1.jpg
image.jpg

I am hoping to take a limpo and cape bushbuck on this trip in aug. Maybe even with the bow if we can get some to come out to the waterholes at noon when they think we are resting.Would one day like to hunt some of the other types to like chobe bushbuck.

Ask your outfitter to run some trail cams on trails known to be used by Bushbuck, they are extremely territorial with relatively small home ranges, once you have him on a trail he'll be back I'll put money on it...... Having a tree stand in a trail , as I have used on them a couple of times, will make you feel right at home...

It is a much more fun way.. Although both can be effective.

My best always

That sounds like a great idea jaco.That would be just like hunting our whitetail here at home.I just like it will give me something to do in the afternoon other then nap.pieter said they move alot during mid day when most guys are back at the lodge.I think taking one with a bow would be awesome to do.You think a blind on the trail would work to

I believe it to be more effective than a waterhole, please this is just an opinion and what happens in our terrain, this varies considerably from area to area..

But given their particular habitat preferences trail blinds, such as tree stands work extremely well, I have personally taken a very nice Ram from a makeshift bamboo platform in a wild fig tree... :) (I can be quite experimental at times.. ) :)

With some preparation (scouting and trail cam monitoring)

I still use some of the old North Star ladder stands, and they have worked well... :)

It really is an awesome way to hunt them..

My best always.

That sounds like a fun way for sure.I have no problem crawling in a try with a experimental tree stand.The pic's pieter sent me of the bushbuck areas I think it would work very well really.I guess it is more about finding a good tree to use or use a blind if needed.How big would you say a core area is for a bushbuck in the limpo.

Males can stick to areas as small as 2 - 4 acres, with multiple other males and Females in very close proximity, in suitable conditions.

While they do not defend their areas fiercely they have their beds, drinking and feeding spots, and as long as those are readily available they will stick to a certain area...

Of course the later in the season it gets the more they will travel, but could and should not be considered as animals that will cover or travel great distances a night like kudu and other larger antelope often do.

My best always

.Would one day like to hunt some of the other types to like chobe bushbuck.

bill we see them occasionally during the day, but way more early morning or late afternoon/early evening when walking through certain areas . never thought about it for bow hunting, but if you are capable then i think you would have fun stalking one ( no blinds) at those times. it wouldnt be easy but you might get your chobe bushbuck.......

Patsy, why no tree platform, rainy seasons these things don't go far at most 1.5 ha, and drier season they range around 7 ha... Camera it build it arrow it!!! :) ;) :) ;)

I'll come do the experiment as I am infected by bushbuck hunting... :) ;) :) ;)

My best always

Patsy, why no tree platform, rainy seasons these things don't go far at most 1.5 ha, and drier season they range around 7 ha... Camera it build it arrow it!!! :) ;) :) ;)

I'll come do the experiment as I am infected by bushbuck hunting... :) ;) :) ;)

My best always

:confused: ok jaco nice to know i changed name and sex????? where we see them most it is very thick bush and on around termite mounds of which we have vast amounts. so plenty of cover for stalking. as for rainy season i think you might need your frog man outfit at the moment there so bring your spear gun ;), 1200mils and climbing so far these rains.

Ha ha was not sure who posted..., we have a heavy flooding over the last 6 days... It's absolutely mayhem also on 1100mm but had 200mm in 24 hours we lost 4 dams.. :(..

Frog suit now that's an idea!!! ;)

My best always..

Ha ha was not sure who posted..., we have a heavy flooding over the last 6 days... It's absolutely mayhem also on 1100mm but had 200mm in 24 hours we lost 4 dams.. :(..

Frog suit now that's an idea!!! ;)

My best always..

not good, its always either too much or not enough of the wet stuff!!

I shot most of my Bushbuck between 12 and 3 mid day and a some just before dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross