Burris Fastfire 3

ANW0407

Reaction score
For you guys that are using the Burris fastfire 3 how is the durability of that sight?

I had one on a 40 S&W that I packed around for a few years on handgun hunting trips and it held its zero with zero problems.

I took it off when I went another direction and sold it to a member on the form here.

I used on a .44 mag revolver. Never had an issue with it. Went to a sight with a larger dot. It now sits on a .22 rifle.

I have one on a 500/416 double. Burris has a great warranty for it, mine broke, user error and they replaced for free. Holds zero and I am happy with it.

I have used Fastfires on multiple shot guns for both heavy 3 inch turkey loads and slugs for deer. I would guess 50-100 shots plus on all no issues. In a recent post I had I am leaning to a sealed red dot only to keep debris and water from the laser emitter. I have no issues and they are great for deer turkey etc but not sure the unsealed sights are best for DG though many on this board use and love RMR, Fastfire etc. In ending I love red dots on game under 100 yards. I have two Swarovski Zi which are impressive and I love but the situational awareness is slightly different than a true red dot.

Had one on a Marlin guide gun in 45-70 for two seasons. No problems, transferred it over to a 629 44 mag been on there for a couple of years. Don’t shoot the 44 more then a thousand rounds a year but also no issues.

I have used a Fastfire on a .375H&h, .458 Win Mag and a .470NE - many hundreds of rounds in total. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. They are a great sight, in my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you