Building A Dangerous Game Rifle

i think your choice of a 375 is a good one. easier to feed, less recoil and you can always go up in caliber if wanted and after shooting that rifle a while, she/you will have a good feel on which direction to go if going up. and with a rifle she is very familiar with.

Reactions: IvW
i think your choice of a 375 is a good one. easier to feed, less recoil and you can always go up in caliber if wanted and after shooting that rifle a while, she/you will have a good feel on which direction to go if going up. and with a rifle she is very familiar with.
Cost me less also...she just needs to choose which one...the original one or the 24 " custom one....we will then fit a custom laminate stock, ghost ring and appropriate front sight...

Sighted to the custom 340gr solids and expanders at about 2250fps....and I think she will be good to go

Can't go wrong with either the 404 or the 375. Both will serve her well. My wife loves her 375. I offered to build her a 404 and she gave me THE look. So I am sure your daughter will express her wishes. would be great I she had a chance to shot both side to side to decide what she would perfer. No matter what it will be special becase her dad had it built for her.

IMO, the 404J has marginally more recoil than the .375 H&H, but a lot more 'smack down' on big animals. I do own and shoot both.

Reactions: IvW
It may yet be 404 Jeff.....

Hello IvW,

How did your daughter's rifle on `Brno ZKK- 602 turn out?

Very interesting project and input. Your daughter is blessed for careful input, best thoughts for her education and work.

For Clarity, I have not yet hunted DG in Africa, just a student of the tools for many years.
Tried many different (many too many!) rifles, hunted some hogs here in South Louisiana.

Good specs all around.

I like the Ghost Ring style rear, with a Red Fiber Optic front sight for close range (70 meters) or less. Very fast. As another poster said, add a backup front fiber optic in the Grip Cap.

Most hunters/shooters can learn this sight system quickly.

New England Custom Gums (Recknagel) banded front sights are nice.

Maybe a Brno, barreled to .416 Remington, 22-inch barrel and ghost ring rear, fiber optic front, slimmed down to 9 pounds may be just the ticket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross