Buffaloes Slaughtered In Mágoè, Near Cahora Bassa Reservoir

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
A friend shared the following with me and I thought to share it with you too. This incident took place two years ago.

Source: https://clubofmozambique.com/news/massacre-buffaloes-magoe-near-cahora-bassa-reservoir-photos/

Buffaloes slaughtered in Mágoè, near Cahora Bassa reservoir- photos

buffaloes.jpg

With the help of their dogs, the population of Magoe drove 59 buffaloes to a muddy area of Cahora Bassa’s reservoir in Tete , immobilising them there.

SAVANA newspaper writes that, once the animals were immobilised, the population “massacred” the buffaloes with spears and sticks to remove their meat.

alb0000047154-125-20161202-132353.jpg

The slaughter of the animals was witnessed by officials of the Mozambique Safaris company that operates in the area and who were unable to avoid the environmental crime.

alb0000047156-125-20161202-132442.jpg

WOW don’t remember this being shared here back then but I may have missed. Thanks for sharing!

" enviormental crime"?

I see natives doing what natives do, what they have always done, what they will continue to do because they have progressed to that level and have stayed there before any of them ever saw a white man.

They must have had a real well trained mob of dogs to have lined them up so well in one nice straight mud trench and kept them there while they were slaughtered....

I would rather suspect there is more to this than what has been reported....

Looks a little gruesome.....but probably better than a wire snare, being poisoned, or an AK bullet in the stomach. ...................FWB

What VonS said +1

How is this worse than natives harvesting dead buff that lions had chased into a river to drown?

Nature at work.

"Environmental crime" ? Classic anti-hunting spin.

they have found places that long ago American natives drove them over cliffs, and where they butchered then below the cliffs, leaving the bones they didn,t need or use.

they have found places that long ago American natives drove them over cliffs, and where they butchered then below the cliffs, leaving the bones they didn,t need or use.

I wonder if the native American press at that time sent the news via smoke signals. I bet it wasn't an environmental crime, it was dinner time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg