Buffalo

Mike Have been looking forward to your report, and the review of your 404 on safari. Will have to come down and have lunch and get the details in person.

Dave - still in transit (DFW) Will try to get started on a report by the weekend. Would be pleased to buy you lunch at the ‘Brothel.

Can't wait to see the 404J next to a Buff. Congratulations and welcome home.

I will give you a call early next week and head your way.

Here is a photo of buff number two. One shot through shoulders at about 80 yards with 400 grain A Frame from the .404 Jeffery. ... he was hit hard and stumbled about ten or fifteen feet. Fired the insurance shot as he went down - missed, but he was done. PH Mike Angelides said the .404 killed buff as fast, or faster than the .416 Rigby. The rifle performed perfectly.
Buff2.jpg

SAF from Buff2.JPG

I will try to do a proper report over the weekend. Still unpacking and resting after the flight home.

Last edited:
Hi Mike, You used one of my favorite calibers and took a great buffalo, well done.

Excellent! Glad to see the old .404 J still doing well! It has an outstanding history. I fail to understand its lack of popularity these days especially since so many new cartridges are designed around it!

Mike, As you know both Buffalo and .404J's are very addictive.

Lon

Congrats on a great Bull! Looking forward to the report.

I had the same experience with my 404 in April, a very good cartridge on Buff!

Great bull, congrats !

My 404 Jeff and AFrames worked well for these two buffalo my son took end of September. He took the first one and had to keep hunting buffalo. The drop horn he hunted last was called the ghost. It had been hunted many times over the past few years by Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS clients and no one connected. They tracked it two days and finally outwitted him. It was quite the celebration. Unfortunately Taylor is obviously addicted to hunting buffalo now. I will get to a report but just been too busy.
48A689DD-6816-48A8-ACFC-7275F2056912.jpeg
33466B46-C8F0-49D6-9175-6B8704642D47.jpeg

Nice one, Mike! What loading did you settle on?

Dave - still in transit (DFW) Will try to get started on a report by the weekend. Would be pleased to buy you lunch at the ‘Brothel.
Jeez, lads ! Don’t you have anything better to do in a brothel ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!