AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Buffalo Sold for 6 Million Rand
by Charles Smith, Volksblad

Bloemfontein - A buffalo named Bill has been sold for 6 Million Rand (about US$ 785,000) - the highest price fetched to date for a wild animal in South Africa and possibly in Africa.

The buffalo was bought by insurance billionaire Douw Steyn's Shambala game reserve in the Waterberg in Limpopo.

Kwanare game farm in Mpumalanga, which sold the animal, said breeding buffalo was becoming more lucrative, with top quality and healthy buffaloes being sold for trophy hunting.

The breeders didn't want to be named.

Kwanare said it and Shambala had the best gene pool in the country and have established themselves as the leaders in die buffalo industry.

Bill was picked from five of the country's best breeding bulls because of his characteristics and build.

Buffalo cows are sold for between R400 000 and R600 000.

Source: news24.com

ibie

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
south african hunting and game conservation asociation
Hunted
South africa;Zambia and want to hunt in nimibia
you could buy a farm with that kinda money down here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyDelaga

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh