Buffalo in the Caprivi Strip?

brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
I was watching the televsion show "Under Wild Skies" with Tony Markis and he was hunting a non-trophy buffalo in the Caprive Strip in Namibia. The hunt was along the river and to get the hunting Tony was taking a boat instead of a bakkie. After seeing this I was thinking that this is something I really want to do!

So two questions. Any recently hunt a buffalo on the Caprivi Strip and would you recommend it? Are there any outfitters here on AH.com that do hunts to this area?

I pretty sure at least two have offered hunts in this area in the past, and one recently. Check out the deals section and you should be able to find threads about the hunts offered.

Haven't heard of anyone heading to a buff hunt by boat but I don't see why not if the critters are down near the river.

Ndumo Hunting Safaris can offer this type of hunt (in 2018). Although the majority of our hunts in our own areas are walk, stalk and track we do have access to facilities where clients are able to hunt buffalo as described above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg