Buffalo in the Caprivi Strip?

brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
I was watching the televsion show "Under Wild Skies" with Tony Markis and he was hunting a non-trophy buffalo in the Caprive Strip in Namibia. The hunt was along the river and to get the hunting Tony was taking a boat instead of a bakkie. After seeing this I was thinking that this is something I really want to do!

So two questions. Any recently hunt a buffalo on the Caprivi Strip and would you recommend it? Are there any outfitters here on AH.com that do hunts to this area?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I pretty sure at least two have offered hunts in this area in the past, and one recently. Check out the deals section and you should be able to find threads about the hunts offered.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Haven't heard of anyone heading to a buff hunt by boat but I don't see why not if the critters are down near the river.

ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
huntingsafaris.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
Ndumo Hunting Safaris can offer this type of hunt (in 2018). Although the majority of our hunts in our own areas are walk, stalk and track we do have access to facilities where clients are able to hunt buffalo as described above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A2zappliance20

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Does anybody have powder loads with speeds available for 93x62, Varget powder and 250grain GMX Hornady points?
JohnDM wrote on AES's profile.
Do you still have .450-400 Hornady DGS?
Frank375 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
I am going to Tanzania the 1st of September and want to know what weight Darn Tough socks you recommend.Thanks,Frank.
Lee wrote on kclark4094's profile.
Sir, Did you sell all of your .404 Jeffery rounds you had listed in Sept 2020? Any left? Let me know. Thanks.