www.spearsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
Ernest Dyason of Spear Safaris is offering a 7 day buffalo hunt show season special for only $12 000. The hunt will take place in North East Limpopo on 22 000 acres of pristine bush veld bordering Greater Kruger National Park. No hidden costs. Fee includes accommodation, meals, trophy fee for one buffalo, airport pickup from Phalaborwa, field prep of trophies, skinners / tracker and camp staff, VAT. Excluded in fee are taxidermy and shipping costs, gratuities. Wild lion and plains game on the same concession. Limited availability.
Graves Buffalo1.JPG

For what it's worth, I shot that beast pictured above this past October after an awesome day of tracking several dagga boys across the beautiful property mentioned here by Ernest on the second day of my first ever Cape buffalo hunt, and I still have no idea what his length was.... With over 17 inch bosses, who cares?

IMG_2300 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG

Over the next few days of hunting plains game and observing the scattered herds of resident buffalo on the property, we ran across plenty of old bulls that I would be glad to put in the salt on a return trip. This is a great opportunity to experience a real quality hunt with a group of super folks in the beautiful Limpopo province, and I guarantee you that you will gain weight on the fine cuisine dining served up in the boma there, no matter how much walking you do.

This hunt was one of my better safaris in Africa, and although my hunting plate is currently full, I am seriously tempted by this offer!

Should be an interesting hunt.

That's a great deal!

Is there anyone out there that did not get the Buffalo hunt they wanted ?.
If there is any doubt, consider these few facts about us. We are Life Members of SCI and have been for more than 2 decades. We are also Life members of the Professional Hunters association of South Africa and have also been for more than two decades. We have a flawless reputation and are very proud of this fact.
Contact me now for available dates.
We also have Wild Lion and Plains game still available.

Jef......................that is ONE awesome buff.......my sincere congrats on that boy......................well done.......................FWB

Being an inexperienced buffalo hunter just how good is a buff in that 35-38 inch range? Also what is the price on above 38?

Hi Johnnyblues. I think a lot depends on what you as the hunter sees as good. Are you a " book " hunter or "experience" hunter. A 36" to 37" Buffalo that has Good hard bosses, as well as deep curls will easily make the SCI record book. A 38" Bull will not make the Rowland ward Book, but then neither will a 42" Bull. If you look at averages taken around Africa you will most likely find that the overall average of Buffalo taken is around 36", if not less. There are just so many variables when it comes to Buffalo.
We advertise our "open size" bulls at $ 16 288.00 all in, although I will let it go for $14 288.00 with the strong Us$ against our rand at the moment.

Hi Johnnyblues. I think a lot depends on what you as the hunter sees as good. Are you a " book " hunter or "experience" hunter. A 36" to 37" Buffalo that has Good hard bosses, as well as deep curls will easily make the SCI record book. A 38" Bull will not make the Rowland ward Book, but then neither will a 42" Bull. If you look at averages taken around Africa you will most likely find that the overall average of Buffalo taken is around 36", if not less. There are just so many variables when it comes to Buffalo.
We advertise our "open size" bulls at $ 16 288.00 all in, although I will let it go for $14 288.00 with the strong Us$ against our rand at the moment.
Hello. Thank you for the information as far as making the SCI book I really don't care all that much. What I'm looking for is a buffalo that looks great if you understand what I'm saying. Heavy good bosses and a deep curl that when mounted looks great. I know some hunters prefer short old dugga boys but I would rather shoot what looks good to me.

Edited by AfricaHunting.com for privacy reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited by AfricaHunting.com for privacy reason.
johnnyblues, Please send your email address via PM or email to Spear Safaris. Thank you.

Anybody interested in this hunt should check out their website and the caliber of the bulls they are taking. I would be proud to put any of those "35 - 38" bulls on my wall. Judging by the pictures, this area has great genetics for deep drops and massive bosses. Who need width when you can get these traits?

Great bulls, mass is more important than width, impressive bosses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross