Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA,Military Pistol Club
Hunted
Australia,Zimbabwe
This is a question for all you guys/girls who may have hunted in Zimbabwe for buffalo in recent times. I am planning a trip there in 2011 for buff with Charlie Stanton. My question is what should I expect in the way of trophy size ? Goes without saying that the gods of hunting smile upon my efforts and give me the opportunity to take my intended quarry.

Boddington on Buffalo DVD

You should get a dvd Boddington on buffalo it is very informative some of the outfitters he interviews hunt in zim. The ph I went with is the son of barry ducksworth one of the ph on dvd. I shot 38" but seen a number of bigger ones during the rest of my stay.

zimbabwe buffalo

Thanks for that, I have ordered both Boddingtons dvds on buffalo just for that reason. But its always good to know other peoples experiences.

What area will you be hunting with Charlie Stanton? I assume in Zimbabwe reasonable expections are different for the various areas.

How long are you planning to hunt?, expectations decrease on a 5 day hunt as opposed to a dedicated 10 day buffalo hunt.

Not sure what area the hunt will take place. This one of the thing I will be discussing with Charlie while he is in Australia early next year. My plan is for a 12-14 day hunt. This should allow additional time for plains game or potentially a second buff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!