Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
We had 2 clients postpone their early season buffalo hunts with us in Sobbe Conservancy, so we are in the position to offer these hunts at a much-reduced rate.

These hunts must take place between now and end of May and can be done as a 1x1 or a 2x1 hunt. (Due to the higher-than-average rainfall, we should be able to hunt buffalo in the area up to beginning July, but June dates are getting full quick, thus we would prefer to hunt these buffalo by end May.)

The area, Sobbe conservancy, is in the Caprivi region of Namibia, and spans the Mudumu National Park’s North Eastern corner It is approximately 1 hour's drive from Mpacha (Katima Mulilo's airport), which is served 3x per week by commercial airliner. (Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays). It consists mostly of Mopane woodland, and hunting will be done by driving on bush roads and checking pans for fresh tracks to follow. It is a great area for early season hunting. It is wet, and very thick, so expect a challenging hunt. We are near 100% success rate on these early hunts, but you will have to be able to walk at least 5 miles a day. Expect to shoot a fully mature bull of 12 years and older, of between 35 and 42 inches wide. (Any size can be hunted without a sliding scale on price, but realistically 42 inches is about maximum.)

Normally, this 10-day hunt sell for USD 21 000.

We are offering these hunts at USD 15 000 for a 1x1 hunt or USD 14 000 for a 2x1 hunt.

This includes all airport transfers to and from Katima Mulilo airport, 2 travel days, 10 full hunting days, all meals and accommodation in a bush camp (see photos), soft drinks and water, alcohol in moderation and one trophy buffalo. To book a hunt, USD 7500 is payable, the rest is payable at the end of a successful hunt for a buffalo. (Successful meaning you had a realistic shot at a fully mature bull, and killed it, wounded it or turned it down. If you turn down an opportunity, of course you can continue trying for a bigger bull for the full 10 days hunting)

Game that can be added from the same camp:

Kudu USD 2 500

Zebra USD 1 500

Blue wildebeest USD 900

Warthog USD 400

From the other camps, we can also hunt hippo ($ 6 000), impala (500) and possibly red lechwe (6 000)

Hunt will be conducted by Karl Stumpfe or Divan Labuschagne (or in case where neither of us have an open date available, by a freelance PH).

Contact us on email admin@huntingsafaris.net or Whatsapp/ Signal/Telegraph +264811285416 for more info, or feel free to ask your questions here or via PM.

This first picture should give some idea of how thick it can be in the scrub Mopane...)
x (103).JPG
24e4fee3-652b-4b39-84a9-e9c532274a79_censored.jpg
40.png
61.png
download (8).png
20171130_052807.jpg
20171130_053123.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
Sobbe 3.jpg
Sobbe 4.JPG
windmill pan sobbe (1).JPG

Just a reminder, Namibia is open for international travel with a valid PCR COVID test no older than 72 hours.

A grand looking place! The Caprivi is on my bucket list, but unfortunately not this year.

Karl, Sobbe camp got some nice improvements since last I was there.
Lyk baie goed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross