Buffalo Hunt in the Northern Territory Australia ended very badly

Your opening sentence as a premise for an attitude of accepting accidents is totally vacuous. Additionally, suggesting that airline training programs are geared towards accepting accidents is equally vacuous.

Your opening sentence as a premise for an attitude of accepting accidents is totally vacuous. Additionally, suggesting that airline training programs are geared towards accepting accidents is equally vacuous.
Your reply is highly irrational as what I have stated is fact. They do not- and I would hope not- accept accidents but the fact is the base training of pilots nowadays appears to be pointed that way, whether you agree or not. I am not saying that the industry or pilots intentionally accept accidents, just the training appears to insure it will happen. Hopefully since those incidents the training by airlines-as opposed to basic civilian training for a pilot licence- would now remove that discrepancy.

I might point out that trying to draw a link between airline pilots and a couple of blokes going bow hunting is tenuous at best, bordering on being vacuous. This was the point of my post. Obviously it went over your head at 10,000 feet.

Yes I could have been more to the point and expressed it better. However I see very little to no correlation between the checks and process a pilot/aircrew go through prior to a flight to mitigate risk and what a couple of bloke do prior to a buff hunt with bows only. Those particular hunters, I would suggest, would not have done the risk assesment I would go through and that is hunting with a rifle of sufficient calibre, for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg