Buffalo Breeding Mania In South Africa

One would think if there was a breeding mania.... That Supply would eventually go up. Let's assume Demand merely stays the same. Wouldnt/shouldn't prices fall? Regardless, the value of the Rand/Dollar/etc.....

Yes, but it will take a while. Figure at least what eight years for a hard boss bull? So it isn't like the housing market even where supply can be quickly over built.

And you have the "false market" of all the breeders who see what they believe is a bunch of money to be made. Remember the emu craze in Texas?

Reactions: BWH
Well screw that.... I don't want to wait a decade for a discounted Buffalo! :)

LOL!

Luckily you don't have to. Not with everything else going on....

Reactions: BWH
I understand that good genetics is a solid investment for any breeding herd. However....most Buff hunts in SA, are for bulls under 40". What is the benefit of paying that much money for a stud bull of 50", or more, when any average bull in the herd could produce offspring good enough for 36"-40" bulls to be hunted?

Well.... I agree but look what they have done to whitetail deer. Ridiculous! 2 year old deer already pushing 200". They are just genetic lab rats. However, there are a LOT of people willing to shell out $25k to shoot one practically in a cage. A very sore spot with me. Gives hunting a bad name.... It's a slippery slope.

It is sad that people are so concerned about inches that buffalo need to be bred to meet the demand. I'd rather have a scrum cap worn out old mangy wild buff than a 60 inch ear tagged head of livestock.

+1

. . . look what they have done to whitetail deer. Ridiculous! 2 year old deer already pushing 200". They are just genetic lab rats. However, there are a LOT of people willing to shell out $25k to shoot one practically in a cage.

'Barnyard' hunters.

Amen & cheers to that! Not a fan of pen raised, GMO animals.... Not talking about a high fenced game ranch. You know what I mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross