Buenos Aries

I'll be there in a couple of months and after the hunt is over will spend 10 days in BA dancing Tango. I will add Estilo Campo to the list of restaurants to visit. First one is RouxReto restaurant that I have enjoyed in the past.

I want to know what wineries to visit and where to stay in Mendoza after I hunt Red Stag. Need to make the wife happy....4-5 days hunting....4-5 days in the wine region

I think your hat is still there!

We noticed a MAGA hat resting on the top corner of a picture frame just to the side of the bar while we were there and thought "that's some funny shit! especially in here!" (knowing Peron was an ultra-nationalist, super populist, and often accused of being a fascist (when he wasn't actually a fascist)..

We were at the restaurant in Palermo.. we spent quite a bit of time over in San Telmo for other things, so thought a night in Palermo would be a nice change of scenery.. is that where you were tending bar? :D

We ordered 3 different empanadas between us and shared so that we could get a variety... we had the de chuchillo (definitely my favorite), the osso buco (wife favorite), and one that was just queso and some veggies (kids favorite).. All were outstanding...

As silly as it sounds.. the other place we had world class empanadas was at a "Goucho Show" we did at a ranch outside of BA... overall the food was above average.. but the empanadas were excellent.. and the entertainment at the goucho show made it very much worth the day trip with the kids along for vacation/hunt.. definitely a "tourist trap" type thing.. that was actually very cool and something we'd probably do again if we ever take the other kids to BA at some point..
That goucho show is great! I thought my wife and I were the only ones crazy enough to venture out there. The street food was well worth the trip. The best part was our cab ride back to the city, our driver was pissed he was taking us so far and drove like a nut.

Hi all - I will soon be in Buenos Aries for a few nights and would much appreciate recommendations on gun and knife shops. I have heard that La Veneziana is a good gun shop, but it is unclear if the place is still open. Interested in buying authentic gaucho knives and/or folding knives made in country. Thanks for any pointers.
hi , you have la triestina or gun shop as well.
regards
agustin

I want to know what wineries to visit and where to stay in Mendoza after I hunt Red Stag. Need to make the wife happy....4-5 days hunting....4-5 days in the wine region
Smart man. My wife is not coming, though she has noted that I will be away for two weeks. In my experience, my absence will be expensive. I think the hunt trip/wife formula goes something like this: (cost of hunting trip) + (wife’s perception of trip) x 10 = money wife spends while away or commits to a vacation trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!