Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
And I must say I am very pleased with the result! Someone here made a suggestion for someone who might do this, but for the life of me I couldn't find the thread where it was!
So I started looking around and found a couple of places that would do it. Ahlmans Gun Shop in MN got the nod, quoted me $200 for the work and to me it was money well spent. They not only did a nice job on the re-checker but threw some sort of finish on afterwards, good enough that I don't feel compelled to strip and refinish as planned. It looks just right now as is.
Its a fine shooting rifle and now looks a whole better than it did as received. Here is before and after.
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

Ses that came out really well...looks nearly new. Congratulations.

And I must say I am very pleased with the result! Someone here made a suggestion for someone who might do this, but for the life of me I couldn't find the thread where it was!
So I started looking around and found a couple of places that would do it. Ahlmans Gun Shop in MN got the nod, quoted me $200 for the work and to me it was money well spent. They not only did a nice job on the re-checker but threw some sort of finish on afterwards, good enough that I don't feel compelled to strip and refinish as planned. It looks just right now as is.
Its a fine shooting rifle and now looks a whole better than it did as received. Here is before and after.
View attachment 402716View attachment 402717
View attachment 402718

View attachment 402719

View attachment 402720
@sestoppelman
They did a good job,looks good. If'n it shoots as well as it looks you will be on a real winner.
Bob

First class work. Glad you had it done.

Came out nice, sure you're happy!

Wow Very nice. I have a few rifles that I might send to them also.

They did a great job on that! A good hand checking job vs a laser cut checkering job is the difference between a really sweet rifle and a gun that becomes a beater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!