Bruce C. Foster Taxidermy Studio

JHT

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Have any of you ever used Bruce C. Foster in Grasonville, MD, for taxidermy, or know if he’s still in business? I came across pictures of a bushbuck and impala he had mounted and they appear phenomenal. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
pictures please :) He wasn't listed on the Maryland Taxidermist Association members but that doesn't mean anything

3CBCCB67-51B1-433A-9352-7F4B140346A7.png

0807CF46-E9CA-405B-AAA8-6E5399D06FA1.png

Since my original post I have found where he is still actively posting on a taxidermy forum. I am in no way affiliated with the guy but I must confess I haven’t seen work like this quite some time. I will call the number listed on his site today. I’ve also found kudu, buffalo pics and they are good as well. I guess I was wanting a “yes I’ve used him and he is good but....” reply.

Last edited:
I just spoke to him on the phone. He's still working. 68 years old and a wealth of knowledge. Said all the right things but is backed up right now due to 2 cancer surgeries and supply shortages. I asked how much work he had left in him and he said at least ten more years. I know this sounds familiar.....

I just spoke to him on the phone. He's still working. 68 years old and a wealth of knowledge. Said all the right things but is backed up right now due to 2 cancer surgeries and supply shortages. I asked how much work he had left in him and he said at least ten more years. I know this sounds familiar.....
Very familiar…. Makes me concerned

Reactions: JHT
62F7B88A-C373-4514-BA19-EB0C827F3B90.png

9DC8C66D-C79E-4E41-82A6-3E61C0DB56C9.png

3DE24EAE-6753-4E5E-8EF6-695F5A028E9D.png

How has no one used this guy? Are these not fantastic?

JHT- they are better than average mounts for sure. Fantastic and phenomenal are two adjectives you have used. In the scheme of World's Best Taxidermy Ever- probably not. Are they very nice commercial taxidermy pieces- for sure ! Mr. Foster seems to like all ears back poses in this small sample :)
I'm not knocking Mr. Foster at all. Again he does very nice, clean work and if you like it, go for it.

IMG_4888.JPG

Comparison of a very nice Nyala mount on left with a Bruce Foster one on right. My apologies for so many pictures and posts; however, if anyone has a reason not to use Bruce, please PM me.

JHT- they are better than average mounts for sure. Fantastic and phenomenal are two adjectives you have used. In the scheme of World's Best Taxidermy Ever- probably not. Are they very nice commercial taxidermy pieces- for sure ! Mr. Foster seems to like all ears back poses in this small sample :)
I'm not knocking Mr. Foster at all. Again he does very nice, clean work and if you like it, go for it.
Now we are getting somewhere. Who is the World's Best? In my first post, I said they appear phenomenal and in the seventh post, I asked were they not fantastic. I am not the guy's cheerleader, I am merely looking for someone the stand up and claim the title.

Now we are getting somewhere. Who is the World's Best? In my first post, I said they appear phenomenal and in the seventh post, I asked were they not fantastic. I am not the guy's cheerleader, I am merely looking for someone the stand up and claim the title.

Now World's Best will require another thread LOL. Honestly there are lots of very good, high end taxidermist in the US. If you are specifically wanting recommendations, do a little google search on the past winners of the World Taxidermy Championship or the National Taxidermy Association Show

So do you want the worlds best, or to know if this guy is still in business, and if anyone would recommend him?

So do you want the worlds best, or to know if this guy is still in business, and if anyone would recommend him?
I know he's still in business as I've talked to him. Yes, I would like to know 1) who is the world's best and 2) has anyone used Bruce and what was their experience like? It's been my experience that oftentimes the best artist is not the best at business or customer service. I am simply trying to find someone who excels at both.

I know he's still in business as I've talked to him. Yes, I would like to know 1) who is the world's best and 2) has anyone used Bruce and what was their experience like? It's been my experience that oftentimes the best artist is not the best at business or customer service. I am simply trying to find someone who excels at both.

Well you are correct about the best not being the best at the business side of things, as I’m sure you’ve gathered from here

Those are exceptional, no doubt in my mind. Thanks for posting. So good in fact I actually enjoy studying and looking at them :)

Well you are correct about the best not being the best at the business side of things, as I’m sure you’ve gathered from here
Exactly; however, I do not believe that his recent work (not Bruce) is any longer the best and, if anything, may mirror his reported customer service. I'm from Alabama where we have a "next man up" mentality and am simply trying to find the next man.
I'm not trying to ruffle feathers - I had narrowed to two "safe" taxidermists and then found Bruce's site while awaiting the importation of my animals and I must confess it was a game-changer; however, I'm not interested in history repeating itself, and if this gentleman has a history of nonresponses or missed deadlines, then I'll suspect I'll play it safe and proceed accordingly. I suppose what surprises me most is the lack of references but luckily I have 60-90 days to let it soak a bit before having to decide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg