Browning double rifle

buckmarkhunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
So I found a browning sa express over under rifle in 375 h&h. I have read mixed reviews on the forum about them. I don't know a lot about them but I know I like my brownings I own about 9 of them. This gun is made in Belgium about 1990. It has a VX 3 on it with quick detachable mounts. The gun is used but in great shape and is very reasonably priced. Does anyone have any input on these guns. Good or bad. Thanks

I owned the '06 version for a while and fired it quite a bit before letting it go in a deal for WR .318. Mine did not have mounts, and scopes have been a good thing for my eyes for a decade. Anyway, you can see I am still justifying letting it go. No issues at all with my rifle, though the .375 will generate substantially more recoil. In fact, I did not know that the rifle was ever chambered for .375. I have seen several in 9.3x74R. Is this one built on the Superposed Belgian action or the Citori?

The particular one I am looking at is built on a Superposed action. The owner of the gun bought it in Europe and hunted Africa a lot. This is one gun of about 4 he left in Africa and used. I am told he would buy guns and they were "work horse" in his words. If they shot he kept them if not down the road they went.

The new ones are not chambered in 375 but this one is about 25 yrs old. I called a browning rep and talked with him about this gun. He told me he was familiar with them but there weren't that many made in that caliber and people that have them hold on to them. Just his 2 cents.

I just don't know a lot about them and figured this would be a great place to get some info. People have been great here as far as helping me out!

So as you well know, the Browning Superposed action is very strong. I know of no issues with the 9.3x74R's. If the price is right, I would be all over it. Any idea what sort of QD mounts? If claws, then grab that rifle. If some sort of shade tree solution on the rib, then I would be careful.

I never knew such a rifle was made. Thanks for sharing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.