Dr Ray

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
I see Browning is manufacturing special ammunition. My understanding is that it has a brass tip and is designed for deep penetration for tough animals.
Has anyone had any experience using this ammo?
I'm wondering how they perform in the field.

Haven't seen any of this ammo yet. Hope someone here has used it and can report.

Second hand info......accuracy not that great....seems to be just another gal at the dance. Flooding the market with another choice of ammo. I have found Federal Power Shok..blue box...in 30 06 180 grain , fantastic accuracy in both 30 06 that I have...less than. 1/2 inch 3 shot group at 100 yds.....it is loaded with the Speer Grand Slam. Very well priced.

I looked it up - the concept seems to be heavy for caliber, bonded core bullet. e.g. 30-06 is in 185 gr. I don't see anything wrong with that idea.

Second hand info......accuracy not that great....seems to be just another gal at the dance. Flooding the market with another choice of ammo. I have found Federal Power Shok..blue box...in 30 06 180 grain , fantastic accuracy in both 30 06 that I have...less than. 1/2 inch 3 shot group at 100 yds.....it is loaded with the Speer Grand Slam. Very well priced.

I've heard that the Winchester fail safe had the same problem. Too heavy in the tip or not balanced and become somewhat unstable.
I haven't heard any reviews on the new Browning ammo which, to me, is unusual.

I don't see any offerings in .375+ am I missing something?

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you