Brown hyena

clint21

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
I am going to Namibia in June and some people in our group would like to hunt brown hyena, caracal, porcupine, aardwolf and honey badger. I did see a article that mentioned they have stopped outfitters from hunting these animals as from 2016. I can't seem to find the story again to show on this page.

Can anyone confirm if this is true

Regards Clint

Well they have stopped hunting in the dark with lights. Plus you still have to get the permits from the government to export out of Namibia.

Just received the following information from NAPHA:

MET Regulations – Hunting of Nocturnal Animals

NAPHA cannot release an official statement as yet, as we are awaiting written confirmation of comments from MET. We have verbal communication that a ban has been instated on the hunt of all nocturnal animals, however, MET has invited us for discussion.

We have a meeting with the Permanent Secretary of MET on March 14 and hope to shed further light on this subject soon thereafter.

Last edited:
Thank you @enysse.

Clint, This message is legitimate as it is directly coming from the association. I think that for now the message from the Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) says it all. Let's wait and see what they come back with after their meeting the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET).

Thank you @enysse.

Clint, This message is legitimate as it is directly coming from the association. I think that for now the message from the Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) says it all. Let's wait and see what they come back with after their meeting the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET).
Thank you Jerome, i have only just seen this message. I'll wait to see what the outcome is.
Regards Clint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg