Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH Community,

We are in the privileged position where we are able to offer our clients 1 Brown Hyena hunt in South Africa again for 2021. We only conduct 1 per year so as to ensure we have the highest chance at success for a client that wants to attempt this difficult hunt. The multiple areas where we don't shoot a Brown Hyena are heavily monitored thus ensuring even higher chances of success for the following season. Brown Hyena hunting is something we are very passionate about and we believe we have some of the better areas for them. This is due to almost zero hunting pressure on them. We have never struggled to get them on bait when doing "Bluff" baits to determine effectiveness and numbers of Hyena. Half the fun is making sure the bait site is topped up but we will of course do a good amount of baiting prior to your arrival. Most times we will strive to have a "Hyena Restaurant" running long before your arrival. This is essentially a dumping site for any unusable bits during the safari season. It is a hard hunt due to the long hours in the blind and their somewhat erratic schedules but success is afforded to those who persevere! The hunt will take place in the Limpopo province and the final destination will be determined based on where we are having the best results leading up to the hunt.

The hyena are running at basically the price same as 2020.

Brown hyena hunt:

5 days/6 nights
USD$4350 (NON EXPORTABLE)
AUD$7250 (EXPORTABLE)
CAD$5950 (EXPORTABLE)
EUR$3950 (EXPORTABLE)
All inclusive

Please feel free to email us at hunt@baylysippelsafaris.co.za or drop us a message here if you would like to talk about the hunt a bit more. We look forward to hosting you in 2021!

Kindest regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

What is included:

• Licensed Professional Hunter, a Tracker, Skinner and hunting vehicle.
• Accommodation on a full board basis, incl. non-alcoholic drinks and table beer/wine
• Transfer from and to Johannesburg international Airport.
• Transport between and on hunting Area A and Area B
• Laundry service (Except on Sundays).
• Field preparation of Trophies.
• Licenses for trophies (Permit controlled animals excl)

What is excluded:
• Flight from and to Johannesburg International Airport, and any national flights from one concession to the next.
• Hard tack (whiskey, brandy etc)
• Firearms and ammunition. (Rifle Hire – €30 /Day)
• Hotel accommodation before and after the hunt – if required.
• Taxidermy, packing, insurance, transport.
• Dipping and shipping of trophies.
• Personal expenses ex. Tips, Telephone, Souvenirs etc.
• Tourist Programmes

Keep up with us on the following platforms:

YouTube: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaylySippelHuntingSafaris/
Instagram: bayly_sippel_safaris

IMG_20191115_180303.jpg
IMG_20191115_180355.jpg
IMG_20191117_180141.jpg
04250456.JPG
04250474.JPG
04250475.JPG
04250524.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested but question. Can even the skull be shipped back to states or is that taboo also
Speck I know answer but it can’t hurt to ask
Unfortunately all parts of the trophy are not exportable. However the quality of skull replicas out there these days is truly incredible. A mould can easily be taken and sent to you for a replica to be made. We have seen skull replicas of predators where it was impossible to tell that it was a fake!

Kind regards,

Non-exportable to US...that's really too bad. I would be all over that if I could bring it home. I could see a full body mount on that bad boy.

Waddayado?

Non-exportable to US...that's really too bad. I would be all over that if I could bring it home. I could see a full body mount on that bad boy.

Waddayado?
That is the unfortunate response we receive most of the time from prospective clients from the US! Would be fantastic if it could be exported but like you said, it is unfortunately not the case.

Kind regards,

Wait...If I had it mounted over there and bought it a ticket for a seat beside me on the plane, I'm certain that my ex-mother-in-law's passport would work perfectly.

Problem solved, sign me up. :E Celebrate:

Yes it does work I’ve sent lots of skins/skulls etc over to taxidermist over there In the last 15yr
no problem- all with correct paperwork of course.

Wait...If I had it mounted over there and bought it a ticket for a seat beside me on the plane, I'm certain that my ex-mother-in-law's passport would work perfectly.

Very good thinking Randy haha! We cant see how they will catch you!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just to keep everyone in the loop - we are 100% on Brown Hyena with clients at this point in time!!! Its a hard hunt but if you can put in the hours we will get him! Lets gets yours in 2021!!! References available.

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly

Nice to see a Brown Hyena so relaxed at our bait sites! One tag left for 2021 and its set to be a incredibly high success rate hunt! Contact us if you NEED this elusive species still!

Kind regards,

A Hyena we have nicknamed Evander (as in Evander Holyfield) as he has lost the tip of one ear!
SYEW2888.JPG

I sat for a very long time to get my Brown Hyena, at one stage I had 4 different Hyena coming in & leave with 3 at one time in different spots as could be seen with the thermal but could not shoot them .

One had a snare around its neck & the big guy lost a fore foot from a snare by the looks !

That top Dog looks awesome, did you get a skull measurement of him ?

I sat for a very long time to get my Brown Hyena, at one stage I had 4 different Hyena coming in & leave with 3 at one time in different spots as could be seen with the thermal but could not shoot them .

One had a snare around its neck & the big guy lost a fore foot from a snare by the looks !

That top Dog looks awesome, did you get a skull measurement of him ?
4 Hyena on one bait site is unreal! Pity about the snare around his neck. Hopefully it wasn't hampering his quality of life! We did get a measurement on the top Hyena however we am not sure what it was offhand? We will have to double check for you!

Kind regards,

@BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS, that snare only messed his mane up, I have seen many Hyena with snares or snare damage, Snares are the plague of Africa & most of the world I think, I saw similar in Indonesia .

One of the guys got an Aardwolf & that to had a small snare around his neck, in Zim we even had a Spotted with the snare still around his neck & when he was drinking the water was running out his throat wound which was partly healed, amazingly tough animals .

I think it is terrible & not being there this last two seasons I hate to think of the animals I wasn't able to save by pulling up snares or releasing them (if I could), whoops sorry small rant !

Good luck on this hunt & would be interested to see the skull measurement if you have it ?

@BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS, that snare only messed his mane up, I have seen many Hyena with snares or snare damage, Snares are the plague of Africa & most of the world I think, I saw similar in Indonesia .

One of the guys got an Aardwolf & that to had a small snare around his neck, in Zim we even had a Spotted with the snare still around his neck & when he was drinking the water was running out his throat wound which was partly healed, amazingly tough animals .

I think it is terrible & not being there this last two seasons I hate to think of the animals I wasn't able to save by pulling up snares or releasing them (if I could), whoops sorry small rant !

Good luck on this hunt & would be interested to see the skull measurement if you have it ?
Snares truly are the plague of Africa! Your rant is well received haha! When next with the skull we will try and get a measurement for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber