Brown Brocket deer hunting in Argentina....!!!!

ROCKET

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
mghunting.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, South Africa
Well buddyes I´ll show you some trophies of this little big animal native of my land.........Brocket Deer.......who live´s in South America........there are three diferent species of them......red, the biggest one, brown in this case and the most ussual to get, and the very rare dwarft Brocket deer........!!!!

All of them are very elusive and scary animals, they are our ghost of the bushes........they are small deers......20 kilos is the average size, the horns in the males are spikes and just two, if you want to hunt them at the old way is very dificcult and a good trophie take in a good way is a trophie to keep in your memorys allways......I am allwais looking for a good male for the plate........!!!!!

Some flashes.........

Couple of nice ones up North........

corzuelas.jpg

A good gold medal trophie take down in a good stalk during one morning hunt.........

caceria mariano octubre 2011 019.jpg

Average trophie..........

DSC00208.JPG

Another gold medal recovered after two day´s since I wound it.......finally I found it after a long search......

DSC00009.JPG

Average size.......

DSC00165.JPG

Another gold medal........

varias 046.jpg

The beast one........was a gift for my best friend...........I knew everithyng about that Brocket, because I was following all his movements and was for my friend.........Top Five Record Book...........

DSC00056.JPG

The best view........

DSC00086.JPG

I am allways very excited to have the chance to share our passion about hunting with you buddyes

See you........!!!!!!

I have heard they are hard to hunt, great pictures!

Bonito !

I have heard they are hard to hunt, great pictures!

Enysse.......if you hunt them stalking is one of the most greats hunt you can do and it is not easy get a good one......Thank you very much......!!!!!!

Muchas Gracias Velo Dog.....!!!!!!!

Rocket, thanks for the fotos. I want to hunt Argentina again, and that last great trophy is what I have dreamed of. I second vd revolver's summary............hermosa. BTW, is the rifle in the first photo in 22 hornet caliber?.................(soy un latino en mi corazon)................FWB

Rocket, thanks for the fotos. I want to hunt Argentina again, and that last great trophy is what I have dreamed of. I second vd revolver's summary............hermosa. BTW, is the rifle in the first photo in 22 hornet caliber?.................(soy un latino en mi corazon)................FWB

Flatwater bill.......very nice to heard that from you.....there are lot´s of Brockets where I live.....even I hunt them to take meat to my table home...........rifle is a .223 rem and works great for this small animals.

Thanks for your comments and allways is good to hear about a corazón latino........!!!!!!!

Nice trophy, fantastic gesture that you kept it for a good friend !

Nice trophy, fantastic gesture that you kept it for a good friend !

Heyyyy Niaty..........is a really good friend......I have lot´s of goods Brockets trophies.......but no one as my friend took and I knew it.....but the story is better for him than me........I can tell the story many times and is better if the other took the trophie......!!!!!!

Thank you Niaty....!!!!!!!

Great pcitures and thanks for sharing.

I learn SO much from this site, and not just about Africa!!! One day, I might just try to hunt all six continents. I only have five more to go right now, but that will be doen to four in a month!!! ;)

Great pcitures and thanks for sharing.

I learn SO much from this site, and not just about Africa!!! One day, I might just try to hunt all six continents. I only have five more to go right now, but that will be doen to four in a month!!! ;)

Thank you Royal27.........my best wishes for you in your jorney..........I going to be here anyway.........!!!!!!!.........Africa is a great experiencie, I have tryed a couple months a go.......fantastic, thats the word........!!!!!

Thanks again......!!!!

Yes Ma
Very nice! i have too much friends in the mesopotamic region, which hunt a lot of this small animals... They tell me a lot of things about the hunt, very difficult and challenging...
Congratulations!

Yes Marcos, that´s the true........if you try to hunt this small deer in a properly way, you gonna have a unfergetable and challenging hunt no doubt.Buy the way you will enjoy alot their meat in any way you prepare it......and no ward´s for the empanadas......!!!!!

Thank you very much my friend.....!!!!!

awesome! great deer!

I have contacted two outfitters down in the yucatan and it seems nobody wants to talk to me about booking a hunt. oh well! haha.

awesome! great deer!

I have contacted two outfitters down in the yucatan and it seems nobody wants to talk to me about booking a hunt. oh well! haha.

Hi aaronraby....I did not know they have Brown Brokets in the Yucatan Penninsula.....here in Argentina at this moment is posible to hunt them just in a couple Provinces and the trophie unfortunately is not able to be exported, same with the others natives trophies.....I hope this change some day.....!!!!

Thanks for your comment....!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, I didn't know they even existed. Sadly enough I spent about 13 days in the Brazilian Amazon in Oct. is it possible for foreigners to hunt them?

Hell, I didn't know they even existed. Sadly enough I spent about 13 days in the Brazilian Amazon in Oct. is it possible for foreigners to hunt them?

Hey Gizmo...!!!......Brazil has plenty Broket deer but the hunting is forbidden in the hole country exept for wild hogs in specifics parts with special permits......in Argentina couple Provinces but the trophie must to stay where you get it, even you cannot take it out of the Province legaly.
Crazy laws....!!!

Man that sux, it sounds like that would be a super fun hunt.

Well folks......this is the last Brocket a week a go my friend took with me.....it was a very good hunt, the trophie is just a minimun to be consider a representative trophie......3 inches but We did a nice stalk.
I climbed on a tree to check a oatfield and I saw it but couldnt say if was male or femal from that range, the We start de stalk an the approach.....finally We saw it again between the oat grass from about 140 meters, then We short the distance anothers 50 meters.
My friend took a shoot with his .223 and after a short crazy run the Broket was down.....I hope you like......!!!!!!

Some snaps........

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

GetAttachment.jpg

See you.....!!!!!

very good! ill have to come hunt brocket with you one day!

very good! ill have to come hunt brocket with you one day!

No problem bud, the only con now is not posible to be export.....for now....this must to change hoppefully....!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg