Brown Bear Hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting Europe' started by Romania Hunting Outfitters, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Romania Hunting Outfitters

Romania Hunting Outfitters SPONSOR Since 2018 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Romania, Uk, France, Spain
    Brown bear hunting (Brown Bear hunting in Romania is at this time suspended)

Romania has arguably the best Brown bear hunting in Europe!

We have 2 seasons for brown bear hunting in Romania. The spring season from 15 of March to 15 of May. Fall season from 15 September to 31 Of December (Brown Bear hunting in Romania is at this time suspended).
    • Bait or driven hunt are the way of hunting.
    • 99% success rate over the bait and 80% success rate for the driven hunt.
    • Great trophy quality.
    • You can combo with wild boar and roe deer in the spring and red stag, wild boar, fallow buck and chamos in the fall.
    [​IMG]

Brown bear hunting in Romania (Brown Bear hunting in Romania is at this time suspended)
    The brown bear hunting in Romania is done over the bait in the spring and over the bait or driven in the fall. Shooting distance will range from 40 to 60 meters for bait hunts and from 5 to 80 meters for driven hunts. Bait hunt are done in the late afternoon. Driven hunts are done all day long, with 3 to 5 drives per day. Over the bait you can see from 2,3 bears per evening up to 20-30 bears depending on the area or the timing. For the driven hunts we can see around 10 to 20 bears per day. Both method don’t requires special physical condition, anybody can do it.

Usually in the blind it will be the hunter, the local ranger and our outfitter. In the brown bear driven hunting, each hunter will have another ranger with him in the post. Over the bait your outfitter will tell you the approximate size of the bears in front of you. The trophy fees usually is based on the CIC points of the skin but once in a while we offer fix price for a bear regardless of size. One of the many reasons to sign in for our newsletter. For the driven hunt, we have two categories: mature bears and big bears. Fix price trophy fees for each categories. The duration of the hunt is normally 3 hunting days and 4 nights, enough time to get your trophy.

Best periods are at the beginning of the spring season and at the end of October until the mid of November.

[​IMG]

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Please explain how you do a "driven hunt" for a bear?

3. Adrian

Adrian AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    England year round and Namibia x5.
    I'm sure George will be able to furnish the finer details but in Europe, the driven bear hunts are similar to the driven boar hunts.
    Teams of beaters and dogs push through areas that are likely to hold bears and towards waiting guns that shoot bears according to the requirements of the area.

Here's a short video:

4. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    hmmmm.

5. Romania Hunting Outfitters

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Adrian is right. Thank you Adrian!
    Driven hunts for brown bear are very good in my opinion because they maintain a balance between the number of the males and number of the females killed every year. Over the bait 99.9% from the killed bears are males. Big, dominants males. Evan with driven hunt the raport is a little bit unbalanced.
    Ps: I had the pleasure in helping organizing that hunt for Mikael Tham group and I can tell you all action on that CD is real and everything have been filmed on that trip and not in multiple trips.

Adrian likes this.

6. SWARA

SWARA AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    So please Excuse my Ignorance: But Your advertising a bear hunt in Romania, however at the beginning of your write up you state in Red, that Brown Bear Hunting is Suspended. Can you please explain.

7. Dirtdart

Dirtdart SILVER SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Life Member SCI, Benefactor NRA, NMLRA.
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia
    I am in the same boat as SWARA on this one?

8. Romania Hunting Outfitters

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Dear SWARA and Dirtdart, thank you for pointing me this issue and sorry for the inconvenience. I am assuring you is not my intention to confuse the AH members.

Here is the story behind this post.

This great forum have a person behind an assistant that help us with posting information, banners, advertising, free hunts, pictures, etc. This person suggest it me to post a thread about brown bear and I agree with the mention that for the moment the bear hunt is suspended. I can show you the PM between me and her.
    My intention was to transfer interesting information for the AH members and not to attract bear hunters in Romania. Now that you point the issue I must agree that this post can look like an advert. I apologize and I if think the post is inappopriate I will delete the whole thread. Thank you!

9. Pheroze

Pheroze AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    OFAH, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Canada, USA
    I noticed that as well but figured you we optimistic that the ban would be lifted soon. Do you know whether there is hope for a return of this hunt?

I would not take down your post btw. It is still informative.

10. enysse

enysse AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I was interested in hunting Romania for brown bears until it was banned.