Reaction score
Website
shootfishhunt.com.au
Media
Member of
SCI, IPSC, Big Game Rifle Club, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe and South Africa
I am looking for a BRNO ZKK 602. Either a complete rifle, incomplete rifle or just an action but it must be the earlier model with the Pop-up aperture. The aperture does not have to be complete, as I have a spare one. Alternatively, a CZ 550 Magnum that has been custom fitted with the pop-up aperture would also be acceptable. I am happy to go through the process of importing the rifle from anywhere in the world and I already have a US based export agent if that is necessary.

I am looking for a BRNO ZKK 602. Either a complete rifle, incomplete rifle or just an action but it must be the earlier model with the Pop-up aperture. The aperture does not have to be complete, as I have a spare one. Alternatively, a CZ 550 Magnum that has been custom fitted with the pop-up aperture would also be acceptable. I am happy to go through the process of importing the rifle from anywhere in the world and I already have a US based export agent if that is necessary.

Sounds like an exciting project. What caliber are you going to make?

Good luck with that hunt! I have been looking too.

Excellent. Please post the making of the new rifle. We’d very interested.

Good luck with that hunt! I have been looking too.
I have narrowly missed out on two in the past month. One of these I was very unhappy about missing because I saw an advert for a ZKK 602, on an Australian 'guns for sale' site, and it was quite cheap and the photo was rather poor so I couldn't tell if it was an early or late model. So, just in case, I emailed and asked if it was a pop-up aperture model but, because it was cheap, I didn't think it would be and so I didn't check my emails for half a day. Turns out the bloody thing was a pop-up aperture model and by the time I got back to the seller he had just done a deal on it and I missed it by minutes! Damn!!!

Excellent. Please post the making of the new rifle. We’d very interested.
I will do that. It will be sporting a 3 positional safety and a new stock when finished (but that is assuming that I find an action to build on!).

I also have a CZ550 Magnum in .416 Rigby that was modified for a pop-up aperture as per the older ZKK series rifles. I bought that on GunBroker but it is still in the US waiting for shipping. I should be satisfied with the .416 Rigby but I just love the .404 as well - can't make up my mind which one to concentrate on. So I will be rebuilding the CZ550 AND the ZKK (and see which one is the best) so will eventually post details of both of these projects.

Good luck on your search. I too have looked for a Brno ZKK 602 but they seem to be as scarce as hens teeth. The mystic of a 404 Jeffery has quite a following amongst AH members. Mine will be heading to Africa in a couple of months.

I will do that. It will be sporting a 3 positional safety and a new stock when finished (but that is assuming that I find an action to build on!).

I also have a CZ550 Magnum in .416 Rigby that was modified for a pop-up aperture as per the older ZKK series rifles. I bought that on GunBroker but it is still in the US waiting for shipping. I should be satisfied with the .416 Rigby but I just love the .404 as well - can't make up my mind which one to concentrate on. So I will be rebuilding the CZ550 AND the ZKK (and see which one is the best) so will eventually post details of both of these projects.

How did you modify the cz550 for the aperture peep sights ? Be really interested to see pictures I bought the NECG ones for my ZKK 602 but there was not enough windage adjustment on the sight !!

How did you modify the cz550 for the aperture peep sights ? Be really interested to see pictures I bought the NECG ones for my ZKK 602 but there was not enough windage adjustment on the sight !!

I didn't modify the CZ550 it was done by someone in the USA and it is an exact copy of the pop-up aperture that you find on the earlier BRNOs. A number of years ago I found a booth, at the Shot Show in Vegas, where they were offering a large number of CZ550s and they were also offering the custom option of fitting a ZKK style pop-up aperture. From memory, I thought that it was CZ USA but when I wrote to them to ask about the work they advised that they have never done such modifications - so I am at a loss to know who did the work or the company that performed such modifications; I sure wish I could remember the name of the company that did that work.

Cz 416 Rigby Gunbroker.jpg
attachment-1.jpg

I found this CZ550 on Gunbroker with the ZKK style, pop-up aperture already fitted and I believe that it is one of the guns modified by the unknown company I found at the Shot Show. When I saw this rifle, I just had to have this gun and I plan to customize the rifle further, with 3 positional safety, re-stock with classic style stock, replace the express rear sights with a fold-down express sight (so they don't interfere with the aperture sight) and will look at the box magazine to see if it is correctly dimensioned and whether I can modify it to take an additional cartridge.

Last edited:
I have narrowly missed out on two in the past month. One of these I was very unhappy about missing because I saw an advert for a ZKK 602, on an Australian 'guns for sale' site, and it was quite cheap and the photo was rather poor so I couldn't tell if it was an early or late model. So, just in case, I emailed and asked if it was a pop-up aperture model but, because it was cheap, I didn't think it would be and so I didn't check my emails for half a day. Turns out the bloody thing was a pop-up aperture model and by the time I got back to the seller he had just done a deal on it and I missed it by minutes! Damn!!!
Oh man! Well I haven't even seen one yet. If I do I will certainly tell you........that I bought it :sneaky:;)

I'd buy this myself if I wasn't going to Africa in two months. Look what I found
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770299698

Yes, I saw that one myself - but it doesn't have the pop up aperture. There is another one, on Gunbroker, which does have the pop-up aperture but it is in .460 G&A, already has the 3 positional safety fitted, has been restocked and has a lot of reloading gear with it, but it is also finished in a parkerized style finish and the asking price is $3,500, which I think is a bit rich when I am just going to pull it apart for the action. See: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770479750

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.19.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.19.36 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 303

Not sure if its exactly what your looking for..there's one on our Phoenix Az Armslist

There is a 358 Norma mag early 602 for sale in Quebec. " Early model with flip up site very good condition" (1600can$) in the Canadian access to Firearms paper.
The seller also list a 375H&H no flip up site (1300can$).
PM me and I will send you the add if your interested.

cheers
Pat

Be very wary of Armslist, lots of scammers there.

There is a 358 Norma mag early 602 for sale in Quebec. " Early model with flip up site very good condition" (1600can$) in the Canadian access to Firearms paper.
The seller also list a 375H&H no flip up site (1300can$).
PM me and I will send you the add if your interested.

cheers
Pat
PM sent, thank you for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg