AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia,Ireland,New Zealand,Sweden
Got me one of these,well I haven't actually picked it up as yet but I am in the process of asking the experts re ammo to feed it,something around 140 grains. And suitable for up to elk sized deer.

And as the zZKK has integral 19mm (19 ?) dovetail bases I am currently farming the market for whats good in rings. Quite a few UK lads have chimed in with suggestions elsewhere but as there are also quite a few European members on AH I thought to ask the same question here.

I like the look of the Dressels purpose built units but they haven't got back to me with an answer to "do you ship to Australia" question.
Open to suggestions.

Id check the twist, it will probably be very fast and prefer something more in the 160gr range.
I'm using 57gr 2213sc with 162 a-max in my 7x65R, getting 2750fps. A 7x64 should be able to push it a bit faster.

I don`t know the twist rates for the zkk`s in 7 x 64 If i have to use 160`s well my 7mm rem will do that a lot better. I just wanted a lighter projectile for controlled shots on deer basically.

John,
I have a FN 7x64 which I have hunted a little with over the past few years and have been very impressed with it.

It shoots as flat as the .270 and hits as hard as a 30/06.

I love it and have taken a few 100+ kg boars with it and put them down emphatically.

I am using 140gn T.S.X's at a mild 2900 fps (that specific load gives me 3/4" groups) and it kills like a bolt of lightening !

I will email you my loads for you to use at your own risk :A Outta:

Congratulations on the Brno! Post pics when you receive it please.
My light bullet load for my 7x64 consists of Hornady's 139 grain Interlock and IMR-4350 powder and is crazy accurate.

Lucky man. I have been looking for one of these for a long time.

It will do much better and shoot flatter with 162-175 gr bullets.

The twist should be about 1 in 240mm or 1 in 9.44 inches.

Great rifle and great caliber

Ah ha I knew there would be a few with the same calibre/rifle that have walked the walk before me.

Not only is my 9.3 x 64 currently getting assembled I am also pretty excited about the 7 x 64 and the answers are all plusses!

John,
I have a FN 7x64 which I have hunted a little with over the past few years and have been very impressed with it.

It shoots as flat as the .270 and hits as hard as a 30/06.

I love it and have taken a few 100+ kg boars with it and put them down emphatically.

I am using 140gn T.S.X's at a mild 2900 fps (that specific load gives me 3/4" groups) and it kills like a bolt of lightening !

I will email you my loads for you to use at your own risk :A Outta:

Mate what else have you got hiding in your cupboard down there,I didn't know that you had the other brenneke!
Yep! Of course, send me your loads please.

Congratulations on the Brno! Post pics when you receive it please.
My light bullet load for my 7x64 consists of Hornady's 139 grain Interlock and IMR-4350 powder and is crazy accurate.

I believe that I ran my eyes over that Hornady bullet and if it is stout enough for big deer I would try them also.

Lucky man. I have been looking for one of these for a long time.

It will do much better and shoot flatter with 162-175 gr bullets.

The twist should be about 1 in 240mm or 1 in 9.44 inches.

Great rifle and great caliber

As prev mentioned I have my 7mmRM for those weights and it eats 140`s too so why did I buy the lesser 7mm? Just because I think I needed it

Mate what else have you got hiding in your cupboard down there,I didn't know that you had the other brenneke!
Yep! Of course, send me your loads please.

Hahaha.

email sent :A Way To Go:

Got email mate,thank you.

I noted rl 19 now as a non reloader I will note anyone else that cares to offer a powder etc.

Bloke who reloads for me swears that the RL15 is the best powder out there..however I haven't asked him if it is good to go in the 7x64.

Do you use the RL 19 in the 'other' 64?

Anything else here is stuffed with 2209

I have not tried R 15 in the 7mm yet but would like to try R 17.

I would also like to test R 19 in the 9.3 but haven't yet.

Please remember the potential variation from lot to lot of powders when using the Aliant Reloader series of powders.
START LOW AND WORK YOUR WAY UP.

Another you might consider is 2219sc.

I did mention I have 2209. The old cobber has done a QL as he has a box of 139 H sst`s if I want them.

28auyxf.jpg

And I stumbled on my favourite safety also.

http://edlapourgunsmithing.com/3-position-safeties/brno-zkk/

Attachments

• 28auyxf.jpg
    28auyxf.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 126
Good solid rifle Sambarhunter. They have a 1:9,5" twist and usually an enormous jump to the lands, however most of them shoot well even with that 8-10mm jump. Look at 160gr plus bullets.

Regarding rings, go with Talley ot Warne. Al my Mod 21/22s and ZGs have them on and they work very well.

Alaska Arms also make very good detachable mounts for the BRNO ZKK series. Pretty sure they include the lug that projects down into the slot in the rear part of the bridge for the rear ring.

Yes stug. They do, and quality is top notch. I have a set on my Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan .416, and better QD rings you can not wish for. All the above brands produce their CZ/ Brno Rings with the protrosion that slots into the notch on the left side of the receiver to prevent foreward creep.

Alaska Arms also make very good detachable mounts for the BRNO ZKK series. Pretty sure they include the lug that projects down into the slot in the rear part of the bridge for the rear ring.

It is dealing with the US from Aus,most US sites say they cannot ship to Ausville.

Well it looks like they will ship to here after I added to the cart one set of 30mm QD`s $38 USD freight...like wtf for two RINGS?

$38 USD is just on $50 AUD ffs.

The worst part of it all is that Cabelas send me a five pound pair of boots for $20 in two boxes the size of an auto fridge.

Anyway the conversion with freight is $244.27 AUD

sambarhunter, Be sure to test the SST before going after game as the first ones were on the fragile side. You mentioned big deer and I believe the plain old Interlock will serve you better or Nosler Partition. Anyway, let us know how it works out.

sambarhunter, Be sure to test the SST before going after game as the first ones were on the fragile side. You mentioned big deer and I believe the plain old Interlock will serve you better or Nosler Partition. Anyway, let us know how it works out.

Or since you are in Aus use Woodleigh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg