BRNO ZKK 602

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by Davidm, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:02 AM.

1. Davidm

Davidm AH Member

Hi all!
    I was wondering if someone here could help me pin-point and help me with my problem regarding my feeding issues of my brno zkk 602 in 458 lott. The problem is as fallow:

When I use my reloads with Hornadys 500gr RN they jam every time a cartridge is loaded from the left side ofthe magazine. The round jams on the right side against the barrel so to speak. If I load 4 round, the first round jams, the second round works perfect, and then the third one jams. If I load 3 round, the first round loads perfect but the second round jams and so on.

BUT if I use a reload with a more pointed bullet like the Barnes TSX, the opposite is true, then the round from the right jams in to the left side, and this time it is even more of an angle on the round.
    I'm going to try and take some photos of it during the day and post it here.

2. Pheroze

Pheroze AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    OFAH, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Canada, USA
    What a nuisance, I hope folks here can help you. What COL do you load to? Do you get this issue with factory ammo?

3. Mekaniks

Mekaniks GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province

4. IvW

IvW AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    BASA, CHASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia
    The feeding ramp leading into the chamber has not been altered to suite the longer Lott cartridge, should be a easy fix for a competent gunsmith.

ZKK's don't like Hornady's:ROFLMAO:

ZG47 likes this.

5. Davidm

Davidm AH Member

Ok, I haven't tried any factory ammo yet, just my handloads. My guess was also the feeding ramp. I'm going to if there is any gunsmith nearby that have time to look at it. Here in Sweden the hunting season for moose starts in october (at least in my part of the country) so I hope everything can be fixed by then

6. Davidm

Davidm AH Member

Well I believe so to. I just got hold of a few 458WinMag dummy rounds and they feed perfectly.