Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
This is what was riding around beneath the Leupold I have in the classifieds. It looked ridiculous on there in my view. Snagged this off GB recently, along with 3 sets of rings, the curved trigger, but no springs for it. Not sure if they are actually needed or not but I read that each trigger has its own spring set.
Has the factory test target, no box though. Made in '85, great shape.
Haven't had a big ol BRNO in a while so I was due. One of the most dumbass trades I ever made was years ago, I traded one of these rifles off for a worthless POS Winchester Coyote in .22-250 for some forgotten reason, rifle was junk! That BRNO had the straight comb stock, not the big monte carlo like this one, but either is OK with me, but I remember it shot lights out, and kicked the snot out of me!

BTW, will be looking for a front sight hood, the kind that has big curved bottom sides to fit the picture below.
IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

Last edited:
This is what was riding around beneath the Leupold I have in the classifieds. It looked ridiculous on there in my view. Snagged this off GB recently, along with 3 sets of rings, the curved trigger, but no springs for it. Not sure if they are actually needed or not but I read that each trigger has its own spring set.
Has the factory test target, no box though. Made in '85, great shape.
Haven't had a big ol BRNO in a while so I was due. One of the most dumbass trades I ever made was years ago, I traded one of these rifles off for a worthless POS Winchester Coyote in .22-250 for some forgotten reason, rifle was junk! That BRNO had the straight comb stock, not the big monte carlo like this one, but either is OK with me, but I remember it shot lights out, and kicked the snot out of me!

BTW, will be looking for a front sight hood, the kind that has big curved bottom sides to fit the picture below.
View attachment 395726

View attachment 395727
View attachment 395729
That was a good model ZKK, looks to be in pretty good condition. Good midrange caliber as well, very underrated

Very nice rifle.

Isn't the hood already on it, just upside down?
Blew up the photo. Looks like the sight is soldered to the barrel. It looked like different in the small photo.

Last edited:
Isn't the hood already on it, just upside down?
Blew up the photo. Looks like the sight is soldered to the barrel. It looked like different in the small photo.
I dont think its possible to put a hood on upside down??:unsure:

And now with a proper scope, Czech scope on a Czech rifle.
IMG_1951.JPG

This thing is a real club! Weighs nearly 11 pounds thus.

Peter Flack likes those rifles!

Nice find.

If I ever move back to Germany I am going to go about collecting them. They are available in 8x68s, 9.3x64 and of course the normal 375, 416, 458 and maybe even 404 (not sure on that one).

They are always cheap on Egun as most Germans want a Blaser, Sauer, Heym or Krieghoff.

They aint cheap around here! They also made them in 8x64s which is what prompted me to have an 8x57 chamber reamed out to 64 a while back. I had bid on the only BRNO 8x64 I had ever seen a while back, got out bid as it went north I believe of $2000 dollars, more than I wanted to spend.
No doubt they are solid rifles. This makes I think at least 5 BRNO's I have owned along with a number of CZ rifles.

$500 is a fair deal in Europe for one. Maybe $850 if it has an older but still serviceable up brand rifle scope on it.

You can pretty much double that here, with no scope.

600 in a 602 action!
that might allow loading the 300 to longer coal than the 600.
if you have the original std trigger it is a far better option than the set in the photos if worked over properly.
bruce.

The curved trigger came with the rifle and I did swap it out and its much nicer. I had read that both used their own set of springs, but that isnt so. The curved trigger uses no springs, only the set does.
And yes, the .300 mag is almost lost in the cavernous enormity of the magazine. So mag length will not be a restricting factor in OAL.

Just measured the mag box length, LOL. 3.85"! Throat however limits at least one bullet to an OAL of a mere 3.55"! So bullets can be long seated for sure but still nowhere near mag length.
It does seem like a waste of space to put an '06 length round in this massive action more suited to the largest of cartridges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross