Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, B&C, NAHC, RMEF, APOS
Hunted
Canada, USA
Well, just got back from a hunt in northern BC for moose and Mountain caribou. My buddy and I both shot nice bulls, 50 and 51” respectively. Caribou was a bust, couldn’t get to them.

IMG_4531.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Two great bulls!

Congratulations. Was this a DIY hunt or guided?

Congratulations to you and your hunting buddy. I take it you didn't have a bear tag. What part of northern BC were you hunting? I have a moose hunt booked for 2021 in the Ft St John area.

Congratulations to you and your hunting buddy. I take it you didn't have a bear tag. What part of northern BC were you hunting? I have a moose hunt booked for 2021 in the Ft St John area.

We were up by Dease Lake, somewhere. Ft. St John is good country. Are you hunting near there, or does the Outfitter just live there? You may be a little more remote than you think, lol. And that’s a good thing!!

Actual hunting is north of Hudson's Hope, from what I've been told.

2 Awesome bulls! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Terrific Bulls! Congratulations!

That is a pretty rugged area, or at least it used to be. I laid steel with the BCR thru there back in 1972-73. Moose were an every day sight and lots of grizzly tracks on the shores of Takla lake most mornings. Nice moose and good to hear the area is still wild.
We were up by Dease Lake, somewhere. Ft. St John is good country. Are you hunting near there, or does the Outfitter just live there? You may be a little more remote than you think, lol. And that’s a good thing!!

Good looking bulls, they beat the hell out of our grain fed prairie bulls.

What are the legalities of someone from the lower 48 hunting Alaska? You’d find much better bulls there than fort St. John area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg