British Columbia bans Grizzly hunt

And of course the Indians can continue to hunt them... Wonder when they go after black bear hunting?

And of course the Indians can continue to hunt them... Wonder when they go after black bear hunting?

Not just black bear but how with this ban they can ban hunting as a whole.

Off course when it comes to hunting one law applies to the Natives and one for everyone else. If the Natives are exempt from this ban and allowed to follow a different set of rules, due to traditional or social reasons, for hunting then make them hunt by foot and with primitive bows and arrows like their ancestors did, not with modern high powered rifles and motorized vehicles. For the liberals its also "racist" to ban Natives from hunting and thus practicing their "traditional" culture. But as far as I know the Natives weren't the only ones in whose culture hunting played a big role- it did in many others as well...

I found this article interesting http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...ing-policy/ar-BBHKz78?li=AAggv0m&ocid=1PRCMSE especially the language they are using. They mention how 5o something female bears where killed. Some 20 odd years ago they got the spring black bear hunt banned in Ontario because supposedly too many females with cubs were being shot. This wasn't true but nevertheless this was the justification for the ban, at least somewhat or partially due to a "scientific reason". Now in BC they banned grizzly hunting because apparently a majority of British Columbians think that grizzly hunting should be banned. And they mention that like a third or something of bears killed where females, although there is no proof that they had cubs with them- since it is illegal to shoot a female with cubs. There is also no evidence that the population was in decline as a result of hunting so the taking of these females, who were past their prime probably, was irrelevant. Given this precedent, now if people think that deer, groundhog, coyote or whatever hunting should be banned it will be. Public opinion, of whom the majority have never seen a grizzly bear or even know anything about them, dictates conservation policy.

Its called democracy, AKA, MOB RULE.

It is!,!
"Grizzly hunting season will no longer open April 1, the government said. The ban applies to both resident and non-resident hunters, but First Nations members will still be permitted to hunt bears for food, social and ceremonial purposes and treaty rights."

I wonder is this not an example of institutional racism ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.