British Airways are a Disgrace [Never Fly with Sporting goods Guns]

The 747 may well be obsolete and a big ol bus of a thing, but it was a pretty good airplane in its day. Sure wouldn't call it a shitbox.
For sure back in the day!
But now? lol BA still thinks it’s the 80’s and there top of the heapo_O

Qatar is useless when you carry guns, problem is that their staff dont know how to handle it and make a lot of (unneccesary.. ) fuss about it..almost missed my return flight from Joburg to Doha in 2019..never again..
Yeah I’ve had it where you get inexperienced staff. I always give myself a load of time.
Couple of years back I travels back to NZ. Got to Heathrow T3 and my rifle was a BLR. Stupid girl on the exray machine said since the bolt was in she could not pass it to fly.
I said hold on one sec opened the case opened the leaver put it back in the case and sent it back through the machine.
She was still not unsure and me and the security guy they had come over from T5 had to do some very fast talking to get it through. At one point she made a snide remark about hunting, really had to bite my tongue. Once she passed it through I asked for the chief of security and made a full complaint about her biased.
He rolled his eyes so I got the guy from T5 to get me the number for his boss.
Ive got a full apology letter from BAA security.
Need to dig that one up and post it.
I thing so long as you don’t get rude stick to your guns and know what’s what’s you should be fine.
But hey we all know shit happens.

Hi Gordon,

Sorry to hear of your poor experience, bearing in mind hard earned money is paid for your travel and as a customer its obvious you are treated with contempt, never right.

The airline industry in the UK at the moment is having a full on nightmare, staff shortages, staff not knowing what to do.

Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester all grossly underestimated the return of travelling public!!! The management of these organisations who make a lot of money out of us should be absolutely shamed, when you complain you are all but ignored!!!

I think this is a lesson to us all to really do your homework on what carrier to use, what current rules are being used and getting to Airports in plenty of time, knowing what you're rights are as a customer!!!!

After all we are paying a lot of money to travel in the first place!!

As for BA I wonder how long it will take for them to recover their reputation????

Travelling out of the UK at moment I think its Emirates, Ethiopian, Qatar, Turkish, Virgin Airlines that are the ones to consider first????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you