Britain announces ban of 'morally indefensible' act

Fred Gunner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Britain is to have the toughest trophy hunting laws in the world as the Government announced they will be tabling a ban on the "morally indefensible" act.

Hunters will no longer be able to bring back endangered animal parts from Africa as part of wide-ranging legislation that will also stop the import of exotic furs and rugs.

The move, announced today by the Minister for International Wildlife Zac Goldsmith could see the lives of thousands of elephants, lions, rhinos and other endangered species saved.

There is said to have been support for this policy within Number 10, and Boris Johnson's partner Carrie Symonds has been campaigning against the issue for some time. Mr Goldsmith's appointment by Boris Johnson was seen by those who oppose trophy hunting as significant, as the animal rights campaigner was effectively put in charge of the issue.

Ms Symonds said in her first speech to the public as "First Lady" earlier this year: "A trophy is meant to be a prize. Something you’re awarded if you’ve achieved something of merit that requires great skill and talent. "Trophy hunting is not that. It is the opposite of that. It is cruel, it is sick, it is cowardly and I will never, ever understand the motivation to do it."

After a consultation, the ban is expected to pass through parliament either as primary or secondary legislation after Conservative Party Conference.

The Minister for International Wildlife, Zac Goldsmith, has been campaigning against trophy hunting for years and credited the Telegraph's reporting on the issue with pressuring the government to implement a ban.

While some countries including France, Australia and the Netherlands have banned the imports of specific animals such as lions, this ban will affect dozens of endangered animals.

The animals it will no longer be legal to import will be those on the Cites Appendix I and II lists, as well as animals on the I UCN list.

Unlike the ivory ban, where it is banned to sell the product in the UK, this just concerns imports and exports, so it will still be legal to sell rare animal skins within the UK.

Mr Goldsmith said: “The fight against trophy hunting of endangered animals matters. It is clear that it is morally indefensible and that is why I am delighted that the Conservative Government will consult on a ban on the import of these trophies. By placing a higher value on animals alive rather than dead, we will begin to turn back the tide of extinction.”

Animals are killed for "trophies"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...est-trophy-hunting-rules-world-government/?WT

It's good to be King...or what ever...The trophy room at the Queen's Norfolk home

241DE77D00000578-3026819-image-m-15_1428271196363.jpg

The conservative party have to keep power and sort out brexit for this to happen. But this is horse shit

This was a matter of time in Britain. Heck you can’t say certain things on social media and not get arrested. Think about that for a second. You get fined or arrested for saying something. The world is properly “f&@$39” these days. Hate to say it but it is what it is.

The UK has the most vocal antihunters I have encountered. Many are well meaning, but the ramifications of this act will be disastrous.......the definition of "endangered" will creep and spread....separating itself from the CITES definition, to become the definition that social media chooses...........and one day will include the impala, mule deer, and the marmot.........and soon, as MMAI says, one will not be legally able to say a word against this lunacy............FWB

The UK is full of screaming idiots fed and fuelled by social and mainstream media who don't know what they're talking about yet feel because they have read the same sh!t so often it must be true and they don't actually need to look further than their Facebook accounts.
I'm born and bred in the UK absolutely detest the place it has become. It's a cess pit of celebrity obsessed social media crazed politically correct liberal foolishness.
I used to think it was just in towns and cities but the disease has spread to rural areas.
I was quite happy that Boris became Prime Minister until he brought the screaming harpy Carrie Symonds with him.
He is taken with Brexit so she has free reign to spew her bile to influential people and this is the result.
It sickens me that so few people who disagree with the legal actions of many can change things like this.
I just pray that somehow this is stopped before it gets made into law.

"A trophy is meant to be a prize. Something you’re awarded if you’ve achieved something of merit that requires great skill and talent. "Trophy hunting is not that. It is the opposite of that. It is cruel, it is sick, it is cowardly and I will never, ever understand the motivation to do it."

The dog barks at what it does not understand.

This was a matter of time in Britain. Heck you can’t say certain things on social media and not get arrested. Think about that for a second. You get fined or arrested for saying something. The world is properly “f&@$39” these days. Hate to say it but it is what it is.

Wow. I guess the next steps will be actionable thought crimes, then dream crimes, then future crimes a la Philip K. Dick

The dog barks at what it does not understand.

I'm honestly curious - did the UK undergo a "participation trophy" craze like the US did?

From What I have seen the Minister of fluffy bunnies and all things cute and wonderful Zac Goldsmith has said DEFRA will go to a consultation period to so views can be registered before any policy is announced. Which basically means everyone gets to have there say then the government/Ministers will ignore everything and do what they think will gain them the biggest amount of votes or career progression .

I'm honestly curious - did the UK undergo a "participation trophy" craze like the US did?[/QUOTE]

Yes we did some areas worse than others. Schools were worst some of the looks i got from the sports teachers were priceless.

In the immortal words of Monty Python:
Cheer up, Britain. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best…
Always look on the bright side of life!
Always look on the bright side of life
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
And always look on the bright side of life

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it, it's the last chance anyhow!
So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!
And always look on the bright side of life

Fewer brits hunting Leopards means more Leopards for me at reduced cost....There should a bunch of Leopard safari cancellations???

Fewer brits hunting Leopards means more Leopards for me at reduced cost....There should a bunch of Leopard safari cancellations???
Oh no it doesn't Just means no taxidermy bill , no Import charges no freight charges = more cash for hunting.

I have always been amazed at this sort of high dudgeon from people who ordinarily hold forth the absurd idea that there are no moral absolutes.

People who cling to such absurdities should be tied down and flogged. Instead, we protect them from the results of their own folly.

I have always been amazed at this sort of high dudgeon from people who ordinarily hold forth the absurd idea that there are no moral absolutes.

People who cling to such absurdities should be tied down and flogged. Instead, we protect them from the results of their own folly.

Narcissism Politics, it's the ideology du jour. When it ends, it'll be ugly. Always has been.

"Morally Indefensible???" Isn't that what we as hunters ought to be claiming about the "First Lady's" comments? This is akin to "Taxation Without Representation" and those were fighting words at one time.

I'm honestly curious - did the UK undergo a "participation trophy" craze like the US did?

General Elections for the House apparently.

Unless governments are severely trimmed down in size, this will take over. A tax boycott might be better than a Brexit...

OK, initial post was news from from "Telegraph".

The question for our UK members:
What is the response of various UK hunting organisations to such actions and articles?

OK, initial post was news from from "Telegraph".

The question for our UK members:
What is the response of various UK hunting organisations to such actions and articles?
I personally haven't seen a thing about it.
Bear in mind, the UK banned African outfitters attending the Shooting Show this year so as usual with this spineless country, we will meekly bend over to the will of the antis or those who don't really have a clue but are happy to spew bile at anyone who does something that goes against popular belief or what social media tells them.
I cannot believe for one moment anyone having the balls to stand up for us hunters.
Our politically correct society and millennials will be the ruin of our country and the politicians will go where the majority of the votes lie.
We don't have the might of the NRA or the DSC or SCI representing us over here.
Hunting African animals is a distasteful subject to 99.9% of the population brought up on Disney and BBC propaganda.

I personally haven't seen a thing about it.
Bear in mind, the UK banned African outfitters attending the Shooting Show this year so as usual with this spineless country, we will meekly bend over to the will of the antis or those who don't really have a clue but are happy to spew bile at anyone who does something that goes against popular belief or what social media tells them.
I cannot believe for one moment anyone having the balls to stand up for us hunters.
Our politically correct society and millennials will be the ruin of our country and the politicians will go where the majority of the votes lie.
We don't have the might of the NRA or the DSC or SCI representing us over here.
Hunting African animals is a distasteful subject to 99.9% of the population brought up on Disney and BBC propaganda.

How did they ban them ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.