Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, NFAA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
I am looking to go on a hunt this spring and tack the safari onto the end of a business trip I have, but I am concerned if I will be able to bring my gear.

I will be hunting in Zimbabwe, but prior to that I will be going on a business trip in mainland China (Shanghai) for a couple days, then Chennai, India for a few days and then on to Zimbabwe.

Question is, would I be able to bring my bows along? I know there is no way I could bring a rifle, but wonder about bringing my bows. Anybody have any idea?

Don't know is my short, easy answer. I have hunted in Zim. An alternative might be to ship your bow to your PH or outfitter in Zim, Or if you plan to overnight in Joburg prior to going to Zim, you could ship it to your hotel. That way you don't have to lug it around and pay multiple baggage fees. At the end of your hunt, bring back with you as a checked bag. I used DHL to ship a 70 lb wood carving from Zambia and it cost $200 and took 5 days. Suggest you look at DHL, UPS or FedEx.

I agree with shipping it to your destination. China then India, I think you are asking for trouble. A good travel agent would also be a good resource.
Regards,
Philip

I am not sure if it was true or not but I thought I remembered reading zim charges some stupid prices for a bow permit. I think it was a 1000.00. Not sure if that matters to you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg