Bringing home trophies as checked baggage from Zimbabwe?

This is a very interesting thought. I've also brought Animals from Canada and Mexico. Why can't you do the same from African at least with plains games? Why Not?..

Everything I've read says finished taxidermy is ok. My question is if you are bringing back your friend's skulls/skins, does the paperwork need to have your name on it?

Hello all, I have a Kudo that I shot in September that I would like to bring back in checked luggage as well, it is a surprisingly difficult question to answer, I suspect because it is not very common for people to be in SA frequently, but i go every year for business so its easy enough for me. I plan to contact Customs and Border control to ask this question, I brought 2 Mouflon skulls and horns back from the Czech Republic this year which raised some eyebrows at customs but in the end was no problem...but not sure if SA is a different set of regs or not. I can also say that I've been to HuntEx multiple times, there i've bought Kudu inner horns, hides, and brought them back with no issue so I can't imagine a skull and horns would be any different, I'll let you all know what I find out.

Hello all, I have a Kudo that I shot in September that I would like to bring back in checked luggage as well, it is a surprisingly difficult question to answer, I suspect because it is not very common for people to be in SA frequently, but i go every year for business so its easy enough for me. I plan to contact Customs and Border control to ask this question, I brought 2 Mouflon skulls and horns back from the Czech Republic this year which raised some eyebrows at customs but in the end was no problem...but not sure if SA is a different set of regs or not. I can also say that I've been to HuntEx multiple times, there i've bought Kudu inner horns, hides, and brought them back with no issue so I can't imagine a skull and horns would be any different, I'll let you all know what I find out.
From everything I've read you should be fine if the crate doesn't exceed the maximum weight/size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you