Bring back venison from New Zealand?

JuneauEd

Reaction score
We're headed to NZ in 5 weeks for the roar and hoping to bring back meat and trophies as baggage through LAX to Alaska. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

It is my impression that you can't do it. But maybe someone on here knows a way.

I don't believe the U.S. government will allow you to do this. Check the U.S. Customs website, but I'd bet no.

You can bring back your trophies, but you will need to be in country long enough to file all the paperwork and receive the VET inspections. I have heard you can bring back some meat, but Ive never seen anyone do it or even tried.

Trophies (cleaned skulls) won't be a problem but you will not be allowed to bring the meat in. Canada is the only country the US will allow hunters to bring meat back from

I brought my trophies back with me a few yrs ago as extra luggage. Costs a lot less than shipping them later. Was a thread on this exact question last yr. I was told you could bring back 50 lbs of meat. I do not know if that is still the case. Probably going to need to ck with the USDA or US fish and wildlife. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!