Brand of Lock for Gun Case

I am surprised that you got through ANY scanners with live ammo in your checked suitcase????
Which country did you hunt?

In the states I always put the ammo in the case with the rifle. Always. It is not an issue. Very different than travelling elsewhere.

On the way to SA from the states I put my locked ammo case inside of my locked checked luggage. The only time I have it separate is on the way back, or within African countries.

Same with me both times I flew to RSA. It has to fly separate from the weapons and, if you fly within RSA, it has to be in its own separate locked case. Flying domestically, I'm not sure it has to be in a separate case inside your checked bag, but I always put it in one. It has to be separate from your guns, though.

Just read Royal's reply above. I thought it had to be separate from the guns, probably most of my air travel with guns has been to Africa. So, domestically, it must be either.

Yeah, it is either for any airline I've flown, including Delta domestically. So I always just pack with rifle. That way I will lose everything or nothing.

Heck, most times they don't even look at the rifle for domestic. They ask me of it is unloaded, I say yes, and the tag goes in the case. That's another nice thing about the tuffpak. You just open the end and your done, as opposed to opening the case on the floor etc like you have to do with a traditional gun case.

I've been wondering how would this work with a tuffpak thats not got a TSA lock? How would the TSA open it and then keep it secure??

I've been wondering how would this work with a tuffpak thats not got a TSA lock? How would the TSA open it and then keep it secure??

Legally TSA should never open a case with firearms. Only the owner holds key and opens. So in theory it should never be an issue.

Legally TSA should never open a case with firearms. Only the owner holds key and opens. So in theory it should never be an issue.

And seeing as Im UK based the TSA have nothing to do with me. Its just in case I ever go to the USA on a hunting trip

And seeing as Im UK based the TSA have nothing to do with me. Its just in case I ever go to the USA on a hunting trip

Super easy to travel with firearms. I've had more issueS with carry on bags. :)

Super easy to travel with firearms. I've had more issueS with carry on bags. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross