Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
As I was sitting here this morning typing away about my .338 I had one of those moments of clarity. I have a moose hunt in 2 weeks! This thought somehow has not crossed my mind before now. I eagerly waited 6 years to draw a tag yet somehow it has completely slipped my mind.

I have not gathered up my gear, shot my rifle, shod my horses, bought my tags, nothing. Good thing I have a few days off this weekend and better make good use of them so I am not doing everything at last minute!

I am not sure how this happened? Maybe my internal hunting clock is off after taking 5 or so years worth of trophies just a few months ago? This is not like me at all.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Since coming back from South Africa we have all been stunned about hunting. (four buddies)
We just went hunting, don't you have to wait til next year!

I was reading a local post and realized bow hunting started tomorrow (when I was reading the message).
Holy crap!
All of a sudden we were looking at the draws and making sure we were drawn or not drawn , etc.

Off to spot for some Elk and deer. No Moose draw this year!

Hunting Africa in the summer seems to screw up the muscle memory of when to hunt.

Everytime I came back from Africa...I was certainly in a dream state of mind. It has definitely change my perspective on life! And what I want to do with the rest of my days on Earth. A lot of the thinks I thought were important became less important.

Hunting is never off my mind. I wish you the best of luck on your up and coming moose hunt!

LOL hunting has been on my mind. For some reason it just didnt click that season is already here.

Now I am getting really pumped. A week of bowhunting for my brother and then my week of Moose hunting. We will be in some of the best trophy moose country in the world, most bulls die of old age there. (too much work for most to pack them out on horseback) I will be hoping for a 60" monster, and we have seen a few that big over the years, but will definitely not pass on a hog like the one in the pic. Probably low 50s but with that palm width and length he would make B&C quite comfortably. Bulls that cupped in always score much better than thier width would indicate. That pic was taken through my spotting scope (on a year with no tag of course)

Big moose.jpg

Brickburn, Im not sure if I have congratulated you since your return. Sounds like you had a real adventure there.

Thanks D.
Have not offered much to congratulate yet but I am working on the hunting report still. I actually want to say something a little longer than: Good Food, Great hunt, got all my stuff. :)

If that Moose steps out when you are up there just shoot. No questions, shoot!

As I was sitting here this morning typing away about my .338 I had one of those moments of clarity. I have a moose hunt in 2 weeks! This thought somehow has not crossed my mind before now. I eagerly waited 6 years to draw a tag yet somehow it has completely slipped my mind.

I have not gathered up my gear, shot my rifle, shod my horses, bought my tags, nothing. Good thing I have a few days off this weekend and better make good use of them so I am not doing everything at last minute!

I am not sure how this happened? Maybe my internal hunting clock is off after taking 5 or so years worth of trophies just a few months ago? This is not like me at all.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

That's a very cruel way to rub it in that you went to Africa this year AND you have a moose tag! And no I've never..wait a second...
Oh crap! My elk hunt is a week from today!!! :eek:

That's a very cruel way to rub it in that you went to Africa this year AND you have a moose tag! And no I've never..wait a second...
Oh crap! My elk hunt is a week from today!!! :eek:

LOL... way to rub it in Phil

If that Moose steps out when you are up there just shoot. No questions, shoot!

Just for you, I will. LOL Just for you though.

yas indeed, i forgot to check the archery only box on our moose application this year and our group received a rifle tag. my friends wife was able to talk to the women in charge, and she changed it to an archery tag. this saved me from a sure linching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.