Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
If their terrible gun policies were not enough!

Wow, that is unbelievably tragic.

I'd just visited a Dicks a couple weeks ago, looking for a couple common items. But when I went in, I first thought I'd check their hunting section for any ammo or deals. I was dumbfounded to find that they had completely removed their hunting and fishing section, so I turned around and walked out saying I would never buy there again. Turns out to be an even better decision now.

The saddest part, is that they have a "Field and Stream" store connected to another Dick's I occasionally stop by, as they actually sell guns, ammo, and all hunting gear. No more.

And here's Orvis posting.

Orvis is a family company. And for generations, the health and safety of our people—our Orvis family—has been our number one priority.
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, removing the federal right to an abortion, will have a profound effect on all those within the Orvis family who need to make personal decisions on their own health and safety.
In light of this decision—and in addition to our full spectrum of health and family-planning benefits—we will financially support those who require travel in order to legally access these critical healthcare resources. This will be provided to any member of our Orvis family, spouse, or dependent.
We recognize that this issue is deeply personal and know that not all will agree with this approach. However, we believe that a big part of supporting our people is doing what we can to provide access and choices for individuals to find the healthcare that is safest and best for them and their families.
Simon Perkins
President

Last edited:
This is too much. I always thought business would stay away from actively supporting the far left agenda and especially divisive social issues unrelated to business. I can’t understand the benefit to companies of supporting the far left over remaining neutral and focusing on business? Part of the reason I quit my previous company (an oil company!) was the push to participate in the woke agenda to be ranked well or promoted.

And here's Orvis posting.

Orvis is a family company. And for generations, the health and safety of our people—our Orvis family—has been our number one priority.
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, removing the federal right to an abortion, will have a profound effect on all those within the Orvis family who need to make personal decisions on their own health and safety.
In light of this decision—and in addition to our full spectrum of health and family-planning benefits—we will financially support those who require travel in order to legally access these critical healthcare resources. This will be provided to any member of our Orvis family, spouse, or dependent.
We recognize that this issue is deeply personal and know that not all will agree with this approach. However, we believe that a big part of supporting our people is doing what we can to provide access and choices for individuals to find the healthcare that is safest and best for them and their families.
Simon Perkins
Presiden
Speaking from a financial standpoint, every company would rather pay for an employee (including travel costs to other states) to abort a child than to pay for maternity leave, family health insurance, etc.

Those companies that are now putting out statements such as the Orvis one are only showing their true colors: money is more important than morality to them. Somehow they think their woke bullshit will gain them more business, when in fact it can really only hurt them.

Corporate America has been years ahead of the government in wokeness, godlessness, whatever you prefer to call it. This country’s leadership is all leftist nerds educated beyond their intelligence with useless garbage. Show me someone in corporate America with a thorough knowledge of their job and possessing good common sense and I’ll show you someone who will never advance to management.

This is too much. I always thought business would stay away from actively supporting the far left agenda and especially divisive social issues unrelated to business. I can’t understand the benefit to companies of supporting the far left over remaining neutral and focusing on business? Part of the reason I quit my previous company (an oil company!) was the push to participate in the woke agenda to be ranked well or promoted.
ESG scores.

paying or enabling someone else’s abortion is literally blood on your hands. Orvis needs to hear about it.

ESG scores.
Thanks. I never heard of this before today. I looked it up. I unfortunately understand where the stupidity of my previous company originated from and even some of the specific terms they used. It’s scary to think there is actually an agenda forcing corporations to force their employees to accept. I suppose days of just going to work and doing your job are gone. My old company actually wanted me to go to a class to learn to use gender pronouns properly!

Thanks. I never heard of this before today. I looked it up. I unfortunately understand where the stupidity of my previous company originated from and even some of the specific terms they used. It’s scary to think there is actually an agenda forcing corporations to force their employees to accept. I suppose days of just going to work and doing your job are gone. My old company actually wanted me to go to a class to learn to use gender pronouns properly!

Don’t forget DEI scores too. It’s all BS, but I am a dinosaur.

Lucky for me ive been Boycotting Dicks my whole life and the sporting goods store! Orvis in Houston is the only store I have ever been in of theirs and it was full of a bunch of A River runs through it asshats that I get to look at every summer on the beautiful streams and rivers in Montana. I’m pretty sure that everything that was once good will be complete shit within a few years except the Bible and Whisky!

If you look at some of the identities people claim they are, it is very clear we are in a mass-mental-illness situation. I believe this to be true. People have lost touch with reality in a sincere way.

Speaking from a financial standpoint, every company would rather pay for an employee (including travel costs to other states) to abort a child than to pay for maternity leave, family health insurance, etc.

Those companies that are now putting out statements such as the Orvis one are only showing their true colors: money is more important than morality to them. Somehow they think their woke bullshit will gain them more business, when in fact it can really only hurt them.

They are getting hammered on facebook. That is good.

If their terrible gun policies were not enough!

All In! I deleted their site immediately after their unhinged gun/ammo policies & then this openly hits the media. It is insane business policy & mere days after the ruling - like a sick form of advertisement directed @ the small % extremist causing 90% of the controversy & social chaos.

Opens up a Popeye Size Can of Discussion on Dick’s Equal Opportunity policies like - where‘s the $4K for Dick’s employees pregnant & choosing to carry their unborn child.

Some businesses & their recent extreme employee policies have completely abandon business ethics & common mortality …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross