Bowtech RPM 360

Saul

AH elite
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
I have been hearing a bunch of really positive reviews of the new Bowtech RPM 360. Supposedly, it has an IBO of 360 fps and can launch a 500 gr arrow at 300 fps. If this is true, this would be one insane bow for any plains game.
In addition, the reviews I have read on the bow (including one by Field & Stream for reference) everyone says it is basically the fastest, most accurate, smoothest, and quietest bow that Bowtech has ever made.
What worries me about the bow is the short ATA and draw length. My bow is a Bowtech Insanity CPXL. I have it set at 31" draw. The RPM 360 has a max draw length of 30". With an ATA of only 31" it seems like it could be just another overly compact speed bow.
I really want to get my hands on one soon and see how it is, but in the meantime, I want to know if anyone here has one, has shot one, or has any opinions on it.

Obviously a bows feel is subjective, getting a 500 grain arrow to move 300 fps would produce great energy. We were able to get specs like that from a 82nd airborne. I'm actually surprised you can't get that from your insanity. I have as friend who is a bowtech pro staff and I think he just got his rpm. I'll try and get a hold of him.

With your draw, I would just stay with the CPXL.
I have a 32 1/2" draw length and I shoot the Destroyer 340 with 31" draw length and a longish loop and release.
Not really ideal at all to use bows that have shorter draw than you need.
I also find the ATA of the Destroyer 340 is to short for a 31" draw.

I get 260 fps with a 615 grains arrow with it set up for hunting.

I plan to buy a CPXL as my next bow.
I hope they will make one with a carbon riser soon :)

I here you on the CPXL. It is a great bow and I have taken a lot of game with it. I guess I'm just addicted to always wanting the newest and best tech out there.
The more I read about the RPM 360, the more suspicious I am. First of all, it only has a brave height of 6" and in every video I have seen this creates a really bad looking string angle. In addition, all of the reviews online saying that it is the smoothest, fastest, quietest bow ever made seem a little suspect. Many of these reviewers are from the bowtech shooting team anyway.
It just seems that if this is the perfect bow that everyone is claiming it to be, then there would be a lot more hype about it. If their claims are true, I would by it in a heartbeat.

I agree both on the 6" brace, the string angle at max draw length and the claim that it is the smoothest and quietest bow ever made.
If all they claim for this bow is true, there is no need for any of their other models.
It sounds like it is better in all aspects than any other bow they make.

Personally I am no fan of short brace and short ATA bows with draw lengths at around 30" and longer.
I know they are very popular for many for the use in tree stands and blinds, but it is not the best choice for us that don't have arms like a T-Rex :)
Most also acknowledge that longer ATA bows are more forgiving and easier to shoot accurately with.
And a severe string angle and the risk of nock pinching clearly isn't.

Specially for me with a 32 1/2" draw length, it is not good with a 31" bow with a short ATA.
The combination gives me no string contact at all and no help from any sorts of kissers.
Even if I am decently accurate with my bow, I think I will be more accurate and consistent with some sort of string contact to maintain correct form all the time.

I agree, Ihave a long draw and have shot the shorter ATA bows and have went back to the longer ATA. It is more comforatble and I get a very consistent anchor with the longer bows. They are smoother and the string angle is not so steep which really help your anchor point. my 2 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you