Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH community!

This is just a post to find out how many of you have been lucky enough to take the "Ghost of Darkness" aka the African Bushpig in daylight with a bow? This must surely be one of the pinnacles of the archery world in Africa! Albeit mostly a huge case of very good luck and timing, sometimes it can be planned for. For a case of plain old good luck and absolutely incredible shooting see the first video below. (Hunter is Gene Hobbs and the shot is 45 yards). Although you can visibly hear how excited we all were about the Bushpig and the incredible shot, I remember a case were it was 100% planned by us to shoot a Bushpig in daylight. We were hunting near Polokwane in the Limpopo province at the property of a good friend of ours. That friend had a small holding with some Blesbuck, Nyala, European Wild boar and donkeys on it. As luck would have it the small holding was located next to a small nature reserve. Every day when our friend would feed the European pigs the Bushpig from the neighboring property would come through the fence at night and eat the scraps that were left over. With time the Bushpigs realised that if they were a bit quicker they could beat the European pigs to the feast that awaited. Eventually this pressure to get to the feed first resulted in the Bushpigs feeding in broad daylight. Well to cut a long story short as is the case with most well laid out plans it eventually all came together in a late afternoon sit! See the second video below! (Hunter is Danie Geel) We look forward to seeing all your pics and hearing about your experiences!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly and Michael Sippel

17862701_1810402675948047_5167188428099569053_n.jpg

On my next trip over I will for sure hunt one or two

Absolutely gorgeous boar taken in daylight hours with us! Great shooting from Gene!
IMG_20190801_185650.jpg

IMG_20190801_211956.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois