Bow hunting Namibia: trying to decide with who

CRowe

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m still in the planning and research stages of my first African hunt. After going to our first DSC convention a few weeks ago it looks like my plan of talking my wife in to going with me for a hunt/vacation actually worked! I’ll be hunting, she’ll be on vacation. I spoke with a handful of outfits from SA and a few from Namibia. So far I’m leaning heavily towards Namibia. My animals of interest are kudu, gemsbok, eland and zebra, in that order.
I’ve had a few conversations with the folks at Kowas safaris and got to set down with them in person at DSC and they seem like great folks. If I as forced to choose at this minute it would be with them.
But I’ve recently found Khomas Highland Safaris and I’m liking what I’m seeing but haven’t got to speak with anybody from there yet.
So if anybody has any experience bow hunting with either or both of these outfits I’d love to here about it. Or if you’ve got other suggestions I’m open to those as well.
I’ll be turning 40 in March and I’ve been strictly bow hunting for 27 years. I’m in very good shape and I’m not looking for a “set in a blind and sip tea” type of hunt. I’m not saying I won’t, but I want to get as much out of my hunt as I possibly can while I’m there. I like to earn it. But I’m sure my wife would like a nice place to spend her vacation. Thanks for any input!

If I am not mistaken Velodog went there with his son, who was a bow hunter. He may be able to help you

Check out "BackCountry Africa" !
They are in Zambia and specialize in spot and stalk Bow Hunting.

Check out Burchell-wolf in Namibia. I’m courting a bird hunt combo there and they have a sweet spot for bow hunters.-might be waterhole based, but something to look at.

I’ll check it out, thanks.

I have bowhunted twice with Agagia Hunting Safaris in Namibia. Both very good hunts. Tielman and Carin are great host/hostess. Tielman is a bowhunter so they understand the needs of a bowhunter.

You may want to check them out. Please feel to use my name(Greg Duncan) as a reference.

Best of luck with your search and selection.

I’ll definitely check that out, thanks Greg!

I’d most likely book with Allan Cilliers Safaris if I were planning a bow hunt in Nambia.

I’ll check that out, thanks.

And thanks to everyone for their input so far.

I’m still in the planning and research stages of my first African hunt. After going to our first DSC convention a few weeks ago it looks like my plan of talking my wife in to going with me for a hunt/vacation actually worked! I’ll be hunting, she’ll be on vacation.

If you reconsider SA, I highly recommend Limcroma Safaris especially since you stated that your wife will be joining you. Limcroma runs the finest bowhunting operation that I have ever hunted with anywhere in the world. They also specialize in accommodating couples. I brought my wife and (at the time) teenage daughter along and they had an incredible time taking some really amazing non-hunting tours and excursions while I was hunting. Limcroma has the logistics down to a science, and it is still, to this day, one of the best family trips we have ever taken. PM me if you have questions.. Glad to help.

I have bowhunted Namibia 3 times and will likely go back soon. Hunted twice with tobie engelbrecht great properties and remote. Plenty of kudu and eland bulls when I hunted with him. He has burschell zebra not sure on mountain zebra. I shot two oryx but didn't see a whole lot of them. Since I hunted with him he's add more properties. Best food that I ate in Africa. My last trip I hunted with Pieter delport eintracht jagd safaris. He has some huge properties with tons of oryx like dime a dozen. I shot a nice old kudu bull spot and stalk frontal shot at 42 yards. He has both zebra with plenty of mountain terrain. I did see several eland bulls but this trip I wasn't after one. I will hunt with them both on my next trip. Both excellent outfitters and honest!

I’ve visited Dickie (Dirk) Kotze at Tiefenbach near Okahandja twice. I’ve never bow hunted before but his operation seems very professional and the trophies taken with bow are impressive. They’ve got very good warthog and kudu and I believe his clients have taken leopard with bow too.

@Dee S had at least one, perhaps more, bowhunting reports from Namibia.

Again thanks to everyone’s feedback. I’ve been looking in to all and talking with several of these names you guys have mentioned. I really wish I’d had made this post before going to DSC. Rookie mistake.

Also check out ARU. Gys and Danene are keen bowhunters themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg