Bow hunting Crocodile and Hippo draw weights

Not sure if you have done your hippo/croc hunt yet? I have guided several hippo and crocodile bow hunts in Zambia. The Luangwa is an excellent place to do this hunt. You can take a croc with your regular plainsgame kit but if you are going to hunt a hippo then use your hippo bow for both. Honestly , for hippo , buff , elephant and giraffe - you really need to use as much bow as you can handle comfortably. I have done several hunts for these animals..... I am a fan of Strother , Elite and Bowtech bows for this job. Ideally , you want no less than than an 80lb bow. Get your pro shop to build you a custom arrow(they all do it these days) that weighs no less than 800gr. When it comes to broadheads , I like the silver flame , nanook and the Ashby head. Have a look at Alaska archery. I really like my clients to have arrows in excess of 1200gr total. This is the biggest secret of hunting big game. Get that combo to fly out of your bow and you have a sure winner....when you hunt your croc - be sure you know where to shoot him - many hunters have no idea about this. I tried the barbed arrow and string trick once but the 13 foot croc just laughed at us!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg