Bought my first 375 H&H

Little update on my 375h&h. I got out the the range yesterday and got my first experience shooting my 375h&h. It was an enjoyable experience and a pleasure to shot. It is the largest caliber to date that I have had the pleasure of shooting! I’ll be honest I had no idea of potential recoil and was very anxious to discover the feeling for myself. That being said it was no problem at all. To anyone who reads this and is curious as well about recoil it is very manageable. The shooting range I go to is not certified for standing up shooting so it’s bench style stalls. I did however arrive early and ask permission to fire the rifle standing up just to feel it. I was the only person there so the kind man allowed me 1 shot from the standing position. Now I had that out of my system I set up at the bench and began shooting at 50yds open sights down range. 1st shot bullseye I was pleased! To say the least. I continued on shooting 2rd bursts for a total of 10rds. All other shots were in the money with the exception of 1 that I pulled about 5” North West of the bullseye. I had also brought a 22 with me that hasn’t been fired in over 20 years so I had some fun with it too. It was -9 degrees so I didn’t have the desire to spend all day in the cold shooting. All in all it was a lot of fun and now I can say the comparison to a 12 gauge slug is very accurate as for recoil. I’ll be going back to the range very soon because I’m going to mount a scope on my 375h&h now. I’ll be zeroing it in at 100yds I believe I will be able to get some tight groupings out of this rifle.

Side note there were about 8 ppl total shooting yesterday while I was there and I believe 5 of the 8 had muzzle breaks on there rifles. It gets really loud with that many around! I’m 39yrs old and have been shooting rifles since 8yrs old. Most of it was done in the country no shooting ranges but in my mid 20’s I started going to ranges and I can not remember seeing this many ppl with muzzle breaks on there rifles. Is it just me or are there more and more folks installing these on the rifles?
Sadly in answer to your question about muzzle brakes, yes just about every other Tom, Dick(head)o_O and Harry figures he must have a brake on his new pride and joy! Just a few years ago, it was a novelty at the range, not anymore. That along with all manner of tacticool looking crap that most of these clowns don't have any need for just to go to the freaking rifle range.
But,,, LOL. Enjoy your new rifle. Had my Whitworth to the range the other day, been a while. Glad I had my strap on sissy pad along too.:whistle::rolleyes:

Sadly in answer to your question about muzzle brakes, yes just about every other Tom, Dick(head)o_O and Harry figures he must have a brake on his new pride and joy! Just a few years ago, it was a novelty at the range, not anymore. That along with all manner of tacticool looking crap that most of these clowns don't have any need for just to go to the freaking rifle range.
But,,, LOL. Enjoy your new rifle. Had my Whitworth to the range the other day, been a while. Glad I had my strap on sissy pad along too.:whistle::rolleyes:

Thank you so far I’m really enjoying it! As for muzzle break I guess it’s just the new toy on the block. As for the tactical crap it’s very true I’ve noticed that too lol. I think I might duct tape a flash light to a rifle one day and go to the range and see if I can get a couple laughs from ppls reaction!!

my first shot out of my PH,s CZ-550 in .375 H&H and his shot at 100 yards. I used that rifle on six hunting trips racking up quite a few animals with it and I liked it so much I bought a American CZ 550 in the same caliber.

DSCN0673 (2).JPG
DSCN9684 (2).JPG
DSCN0022 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
my first shot out of my PH,s CZ-550 in .375 H&H and his shot at 100 yards. I used that rifle on six hunting trips racking up quite a few animals with it and I liked it so much I bought a American CZ 550 in the same caliber.
Looks really nice plus you shot it well. I think being comfortable with a rifle is the most important thing to be a successful hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg