Bottom Fishing, Eastern Cape?

Bsto270

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
As my safari planning rolls along for 2017, one option for a side trip really jumped out and grabbed me. The opportunity to go out and do some fishing really intrigues me. I am thinking bottom fishing, as I can catch Tuna and such off the Eastern US coast but don't have some of the wild looking inshore bottom fish they have there, the exception being Shad/Elf, or Bluefish as we call them in the states. As my avatar picture would suggest, I do love to fish. And I am no stranger to hitting the ocean (see attached picture for the results of a trip I made with some friends and family last Friday off Delaware).

My question is, has anyone here done any bottom fishing in the Eastern cape/Port Elizabeth area and have any ideas what to expect, pictures of catches, etc? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

13435334_925474537489009_4451555614570539005_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sand Rat

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Texas, Mississippi, Kansas, Botswana, Eastern Cape
Check KMG Safaris Facebook page, Marius has pics of one of his trips from last year. He uses a charter out of Port Alfred close to PE. Good luck.

Justhunt

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Namibia, Canada, RSA, USA
Fished with KMG out of Port Alfred in May. Quality fishing outfit. Caught all finds of eating fish and sharks. Captain Patrick is great, he will cater to what ever you want to fish for. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TXbuff

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?