Bottom Fishing, Eastern Cape?

Bsto270

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
As my safari planning rolls along for 2017, one option for a side trip really jumped out and grabbed me. The opportunity to go out and do some fishing really intrigues me. I am thinking bottom fishing, as I can catch Tuna and such off the Eastern US coast but don't have some of the wild looking inshore bottom fish they have there, the exception being Shad/Elf, or Bluefish as we call them in the states. As my avatar picture would suggest, I do love to fish. And I am no stranger to hitting the ocean (see attached picture for the results of a trip I made with some friends and family last Friday off Delaware).

My question is, has anyone here done any bottom fishing in the Eastern cape/Port Elizabeth area and have any ideas what to expect, pictures of catches, etc? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

13435334_925474537489009_4451555614570539005_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check KMG Safaris Facebook page, Marius has pics of one of his trips from last year. He uses a charter out of Port Alfred close to PE. Good luck.

Fished with KMG out of Port Alfred in May. Quality fishing outfit. Caught all finds of eating fish and sharks. Captain Patrick is great, he will cater to what ever you want to fish for. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross