BOTSWANA: Tholo Hunt 9/2/19-9/12/19

Hi Glen & Dad,
That sure was a fun hunt we had at Tholo.
I'm planning on Cape Buffalo in 2021. Not sure where but I sure Tommy will find something for me.
Good luck on your next trip.
Merry Christmas to you and your families.
Be safe working the beat.
Kelly

Thanks for sharing Glenn, looks like you guys had a heck of a good hunt and made some great memories!

T
Hi Glen & Dad,
That sure was a fun hunt we had at Tholo.
I'm planning on Cape Buffalo in 2021. Not sure where but I sure Tommy will find something for me.
Good luck on your next trip.
Merry Christmas to you and your families.
Be safe working the beat.
Kelly
Thanks Kelly, it was a great time and getting to share a camp with you and Rick and Rich. If I could do it over again, I would in a heartbeat.

Great looking trophies! Congrats!

Hi Glen. I've enjoyed reading about your trip and congratulations on your success. I have a trip booked with them in May with my wife accompanying me. I'm going after Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, and Impala. I'd appreciate it if you could share more particulars about your experience such as the transport to camp, how things were in camp such as what is a routine day? I've got 6 days of hunting booked with a day in Maun to take a game drive to the Moremi before transferring to camp. Tholo seem like great people and they've already been helpful in planning my trip. Thanks for whatever you choose to share.

Hi Glen. I've enjoyed reading about your trip and congratulations on your success. I have a trip booked with them in May with my wife accompanying me. I'm going after Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, and Impala. I'd appreciate it if you could share more particulars about your experience such as the transport to camp, how things were in camp such as what is a routine day? I've got 6 days of hunting booked with a day in Maun to take a game drive to the Moremi before transferring to camp. Tholo seem like great people and they've already been helpful in planning my trip. Thanks for whatever you choose to share.
Of course. We were met at the airport by MK and he will handle all your luggage and help however he can with customs and import. Stephan was there waiting as well and greeted us. I apologized for it taking so long to pay duty on ammo ($1@ round btw when they ask) and he introduced me to the term “hey, TIA”. Once we cleared we loaded up with Kelly and Rich and Rick and Sean, my dad and me. Of course we all didn’t know each other at the time, so it was a bit uncomfortable ride, 3.5 hours or so. (Got a call when I got back home from cardiologist, saying my pacer picked up an episode of SVT, I told them yeah, I had just flown 20+ hours, little sleep, had been trying to drink when I wasn’t sleeping, and I was in a van with 6 other guys on a highway in Botswana. That seemed to make sense to him). After 3.5 hours on highway, we get to the ranch and split up into cars more suited to the roads on the ranch and after 30 minutes or so we reach camp. When we got there, our luggage was taken to our individual rooms or cottages or whatever they are called and we met back up for sundowners and evening chow.

Breakfast was at 0630, then out to the bakkies and hunt until 1130 or noon. We would come in for lunch, eat, drink a couple beers, nap, and head out to hunt at 1500-1530. We would come in at dark and have drinks, evening chow, and then more drinks. Rinse and repeat.

I can’t say enough good about the staff. PHs, camp staff, etc.... 0 complaints. I always called bullshit when someone said the showed up as strangers and left as family, but I get it now. From the guys I guys that I shared camp with to the PHs, I will always have a great memory and hope to hunt with any of them again.

Thanks for the hunt report! Some really nice impala, kudu and wildebeest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois