BOTSWANA; The Botswana Way With NKWE SAFARIS

Botswana is a special place. I’m glad you had such a great hunt!

Congratulations on your first adventure into Botswana.
Certainly some highs and lows.

The almost impossible factor for shooting practice; Excitement and Nerves. Glad you got it down in the end. Your tracker was very happy not to have to go to work. Glad you noticed.
Have fun when you go back with your dad.

Congratulations on your first adventure into Botswana.
Certainly some highs and lows.

The almost impossible factor for shooting practice; Excitement and Nerves. Glad you got it down in the end. Your tracker was very happy not to have to go to work. Glad you noticed.
Have fun when you go back with your dad.

I totally agree on the excitement and nerves, very difficult to replicate that. Although it did not go as I had it planned in my head, in the end I wouldn’t change a thing.

Great hunting report. I really felt the emotions you put into the tale. As mentioned, you certainly had a lot of ups and downs.

I really appreciate the honesty of your adventure and thank you for sharing it with us. I really enjoyed it.

Thank you, I did practice quite a bit, but I believe it was mostly nerves and no practice actually shooting at game from them.

I took a Interarms Mark X with me in 30-06 and I was shooting a 180 grain Barnes TSX.
Great report. Let me assure you I missed my fair share of shots on my safari last year even after practicing for months given excitement. It happens. I persevered like you and got all my targeted animals

Sounds like you had a great first safari. I’m glad you took an eland. Thanks for report.

Thanks for the report. Great to read about your first safari! No worries about shaky shooting. Any one with hunting experience worth talking about will have biffed a shot or two along the way.

Sounds like you had a good time, thanks for bringing us along with your journey, are your brothers going back when you head back with your dad?

Sounds like you had a good time, thanks for bringing us along with your journey, are your brothers going back when you head back with your dad?
Yes, that is the plan. My wife may not make the next trip. She had a great time, but said hunting all day is exhausting and not exactly a vacation.

Don't know if you heard the local Bushmen chat amongst themselves but I really enjoy listening to their click language. Also, believe me those who specialize in tracking absolutely love to track. They are not at all disappointed in having to do it. They are among the best in the world at it. It is THEIR job and they take great pride in demonstrating that skill. I've noticed that not only in Botswana but other countries as well...

Last edited:
Great report! Way to stick to it and overcome. Those emotions get us all at one point or another. That’s hunting. Congratulations on your success and thanks for taking us along!

Thank you, I did practice quite a bit, but I believe it was mostly nerves and no practice actually shooting at game from them.

I took a Interarms Mark X with me in 30-06 and I was shooting a 180 grain Barnes TSX.
How are your groups on paper with it? That's a great bullet choice provided your gun shoots it well.

Great hunt report! Congrats on your safari!

How are your groups on paper with it? That's a great bullet choice provided your gun shoots it well.
To be honest with you I did not shoot many groups per say. I shot to make sure the rifle was hitting where it was supposed to, then I practiced from sticks. I did not shoot the rifle a bunch (approx 40 rounds) as I was limited somewhat on ammo availability. I did the bulk of my practice with a a 22 mag bolt action.

Congrats on a great family hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross