BOTSWANA: Kanana Safaris Adventure 2012

Well a final congrats and thanks for such a great report.

Awesome Read Thanks for sharing and Congratulations again for a fantastic hunt.

theres the icing on the safari cake right there, thats one hell of hunt mate.
thanks for the detaied ,entertaining report
and the photos of your fantastic trophies were second to none

One exceptional hunt report! Trip of a lifetime! Looked like a great place to hunt kudu among other animals. I really like your eland. Good details on the giraffe hunt.

Great hunt! Thank you for sharing!!

Jeff - Who are you using for taxidermist and/or dip and ship?

Stretch,

I'm going with Mochaba Taxidermy in Maun, Botswana. I'm not too sure how many, if any, other options there are near Kanana. Here's a link to their website: Taxidermy | Mochaba | Botswana | i Lead Taxidermy

I'll have them tan my skins and possibly handle Europeans to some degree. My shoulder mounts will be dip & pack by them to my taxidermist at home. My research showed this to be the best plan.

Jeff

Stretch,

I'm going with Mochaba Taxidermy in Maun, Botswana. I'm not too sure how many, if any, other options there are near Kanana. Here's a link to their website: Taxidermy | Mochaba | Botswana | i Lead Taxidermy

I'll have them tan my skins and possibly handle Europeans to some degree. My shoulder mounts will be dip & pack by them to my taxidermist at home. My research showed this to be the best plan.

Jeff

Since there are only two companies that deal with this service in Botswana and the suggested folks are the front runner (read defacto monopoly) there is not much to check out. :)

Since there are only two companies that deal with this service in Botswana and the suggested folks are the front runner (read defacto monopoly) there is not much to check out. :)

Thanks Brickburn.
Not a lot of choice in an under-developed country like Botswana. That's part of the experience. I guess.

Hey Guy's I've been looking at this outfit real hard and maybe one of you can tell me how hard is it to have the Trophies sent to your Taxidermist in South Africa to be done :confused: Just checking my options. :thumb:

Final congratulations Jeff, and thanks again for sharing your wonderful experience with all of us :beer:

Bob,

I know it's doable but something I'd never consider myself since its much simpler & more cost efficient to have them shipped to my guy in the states who does a super high quality job on everything he touches.

Every extra step you add to the process in Africa, such as moving your trophies from one country to another, will cost you and complicate matters for you. Plus, its more expensive to ship mounted pieces home to the states as opposed to those that are dip & pack. At least that's what I've come up with in my limited research.

I'm sure the more experienced fellows here can elaborate for you...

Hey Guy's I've been looking at this outfit real hard and maybe one of you can tell me how hard is it to have the Trophies sent to your Taxidermist in South Africa to be done :confused: Just checking my options. :thumb:

Bob, one way or the other your trophies have to be exported from Botswana. They will end up in RSA to get to the USA or anywhere else. Thus they have met the import requirements of RSA. So ship them where you like.

You will need export permits that your taxidermist or cargo shipping company will take care of if your trophies are processed in RSA.

Bob, one way or the other your trophies have to be exported from Botswana. They will end up in RSA to get to the USA or anywhere else. Thus they have met the import requirements of RSA. So ship them where you like.

You will need export permits that your taxidermist or cargo shipping company will take care of if your trophies are processed in RSA.

Thanks Brickburn thats what I needed to know no big deal just a few extra bucks.

Thanks Jeff but I always send mine home mounted, yes the shipping is a little more for mounted animals but I don't have to pay for dip& pack so that helps with the shipping since there already mounted. and the Taxidermy time frame is 6-8 months compared to the states of 1-2 years. Bob

I'll be back at Kanana by Friday evening...

start hunting Saturday.

yep, I'm stoked!

Jeff

You should be stoked.
Find that big Kudu.
As our lead scout make sure you take your GPS a mark a few for me.

Good luck and shoot straight.

so you should be jeff
hope you make dreams happen mate
standing by for your report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg