BOTSWANA: Has Anyone Hunted With NKWE Safaris?

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
Has anyone hunted with NKWE Safaris in Botswana?

Has anyone hunted with NKWE Safaris in Botswana?
Hi Rick, I hunted with NKWE Safaris last year and will be back with Jaco as soon as this corona crap gets figured out. A ++ operation with a great hands on owner operator 'Jaco' nice camp with excellant trophy. I just can't say enough good things about this operation you won't go wrong if you book with him. Good luck!

20190818_073336.jpg
20190816_095132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rick, I hunted with NKWE Safaris last year and will be back with Jaco as soon as this corona crap gets figured out. A ++ operation with a great hands on owner operator 'Jaco' nice camp with excellant trophy. I just can't say enough good things about this operation you won't go wrong if you book with him. Good luck!

View attachment 356197 View attachment 356198
Thanks for your input. RC.

Never hunted with NKWE but I'm fairly familiar with the area in the Kalahari around Ghanzi. NKWE has a really good reputation so I wouldn't worry about booking with them. For whatever reason, there IS SOMETHING about that part of the Kalahari!! :D It has an appeal all its own, for me anyway, and it is different from other areas of southern Africa. Every serious hunter should experience tracking eland in that sand for a few miles :) Additionally, if you go with an open mind and interest in learning about different cultures, the San Bushman culture there is unique and worth experiencing. And you may get to watch one of those extraordinary trackers at work- maybe the best in the world at what they do.

Last edited:
I just got back from Botswana with NKWE and it was fantastic. I ended up shooting a heavy old 56” and a wide 58” kudu bull plus a 40” gemsbok and a couple other things. The 56” was a long shot I took at last light that turned out to have a broken horn. Jaco’s immediate approach was “That’s on me, that’s free”. I appreciated the animal regardless of the break and somehow we concluded I’d pay 300 bucks for that kudu which was too little. Because NKWE owns their land and operations they have an ability to set their own deals, and they genuinely made the principal that Dad and I have fun the main goal. We certainly did.

C4AF00C4-8D1C-44E3-BBEC-00E13E56CE23.jpeg
B0BF4217-62AF-44A6-AA9C-A7B2CD587083.jpeg
F9CC5D13-6FC9-49D3-8EDB-85A89A49AAD4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from Botswana with NKWE and it was fantastic. I ended up shooting a heavy old 56” and a wide 58” kudu bull plus a 40” gemsbok and a couple other things. The 56” was a long shot I took at last light that turned out to have a broken horn. Jaco’s immediate approach was “That’s on me, that’s free”. I appreciated the animal regardless of the break and somehow we concluded I’d pay 300 bucks for that kudu which was too little. Because NKWE owns their land and operations they have an ability to set their own deals, and they genuinely made the principal that Dad and I have fun the main goal. We certainly did.
Nice! I like the one with the broken horn!

I joined this Africa hunt because I felt it was fair that these guys got a fair review. They deserve an endorsement. NKWE was honest

I hunted with Nkwe Safaris - Jaco, Owner/PH this past March.
I will be posting a hunt report and photos sometime in the coming weeks, but in a nutshell, the entire experience was EXCELLENT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois