Botswana Elephant 2021

Yep, good bulls coming out. My buddies have NG43, they are doing great. One bull into the 80’s, multiple in the 60’s. One huge bull in the area but not harvested to the best of my knowledge.

Nice bulls seen in Chobe. I was up at CH1 with SV Safaris last week. The wait has definitely been worth it! I’m going up again mid June so will post some more pics and info. All concession areas are reporting seeing/taking good Ivory .
1622444215052.png

`Here's one that came out of CT 27 on the N. end of the Tuli Block, Gerhard Koch (Koch Safaris). He has 3 ele on quota. This was the first one taken about 2-weeks ago. Green weight 70+. Has client coming for #2 in early June and still has one more available.
1622462992673.jpeg

Area was advertised with 35-45lb expectations. Was a pair of clients and they passed up several in the 50lb range hoping for one that had been scouted several months before near the same size as this one.

They also took two leopards in the same 10-day hunt.

1622462774757.jpeg

1622462933693.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice thick bases on that Jumbo!

SV Safaris have certainly raised the bar with their new camp. It currently ranks top three IMO in Botswana (photographic camps included) and is without a doubt the best hunting camp I’ve seen. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea in terms of African design but you can bring the high maintenance wife to this camp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.