BOTSWANA: Double Rifle Safari Part II Botswana

My first African hunt was with Jaco, it was with out a doubt the best hunt I ever had. We laugh so much Im surprised we didn't scare all the game off. Hes a great guy, I am very glad hes still about and in the business.
Thank you for your post and sharing your hunt.

Regards

Pat

The smile on your face tells the story of a great time. The 450/400 is just a classic that performs.
Thanks for sharing, will be interesting at the shows to see what is going to be offered for Botswana in 2020

Thanks for sharing a super hunt. Botswana, often overlooked, is a great destination!! possibly my favorite.

I’ve never been interested in a double...until now! Thanks a lot for peaking my interest!
Excellent adventure so far! Thanks for sharing!

Hmmm...not sure I thank you for getting me interested in a double though...;)

Looks like a great hunt Cal. What area of Bots were you in? We had a fantastic hunt about 3 hours out of Maun last year.

Three hours out of Maun, at Ghanzi. The camp is 1/2 hour from Ghanzi.
Doubles are underrated for plains game. I've used my .450-400 since the late 1990s.
Cal

Cal. Thanks for the great report. We are now sponsors here on AH. If anyone is interested please have a look at our deals and offers posts.

Cal, it wasn’t by any chance Herman and Steenie’s place was it? We had a great hunt on their property.

Great trophies. Add a few photos of the rifle please.

Sounds and looks like a great hunt. Botswana is on our bucket list of countries to hunt. Thanks for posting.

If you hunt with Jaco, you will have a great time.
AG2019: here is the rifle I used.
450-400.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg